Prep: 20 Min. Cook: 40 Min. Total: 1 HR.
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
One reviewer suggested putting the sauce in the slow cooker for a few hours, which gives this an even more unbelievable taste. For other reviewer suggestions, click on the link at the top of this recipe.
- Blend the stewed tomatoes and crushed tomatoes in a blender. In a stock pot or large kettle, brown the ground beef with the onions, peppers, garlic. Pour in tomatoes, and reduce heat. Add sugar, basil and oregano, and simmer about 40 minutes. Season with salt and pepper before serving.