Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reading: Clan of Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel
    Just Finished Reading: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
    TBR: TONS

Awards Showcase

Hobbies June Jubilee--What are your hobbies?

Hey everyone!

Welcome to the June Jubilee, and talking about hobbies. Some of my hobbies include reading (see the watcha reading post LOL!), drawing, cross stitching, scrapbooking, Wii to name a few.

I haven't done drawing in forever, but I was an art student. I particularly liked drawing portraits. Funny story when I was applying to an art college and showed them my portfolio (long before I became serious about my writing) they asked me if I wrote. I did, but nothing I would show any one. I used to draw pictures of what I thought my characters looked like.

I did a lot of cross stitching and reading during my high risk pregnancy last year, I haven't had a chance this year with my baby keeping me busy and trying to get back in the habit of writing. Scrapbooking has been pushed back, though I love the gorgeous papers out there. I've been playing a lot of Wii. ALMOST have Super Mario Galaxy defeated, and I'm playing my way through American Idol Karaoke ... much to my DH's chagrin.

So what about you? What are some of your hobbies?
    Amy Ruttan
    www.amyruttan.com
    Endless Passion, Timeless Romance

ENCHANTRESS SERIES
    Enemy Enchantress Now Available
    Sorceress from the Sea Now Available
    Healer of the Heart Now Available
    FROM ETERNAL PRESS

Available Now from Ellora's Cave
    Masque of Desire
    Oh Yum! Love Thy Neighbor
    Rain God
    Hard Candy
    Fox's Bride
    Gladiator's Revenge

Reading: The Nine Lives of Christmas by Sheila Roberts by
    Just Finished Reading: Ragnar and Juliet by Lucy Woodhull
    TBR: 600

Awards Showcase

Thumbs up June Jubilee - What are your hobbies?

My hobbies are somewhat like yours, I love to read and I also do some embroidery and also do some light jewelry making with beads. I do watch some t.v. and will watch the occasional movie but mostly I read. I keep track of what I read and try to average anywhere from 15-25 books per month.
    Reading: The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter
    Just Finished Reading: Defiant by Jessica Trapp Montana Dawn by Caroline Fyffe Witch's Heart by Tabitha Shay
    TBR: alot

Awards Showcase

I would have to say reading is my hobby... I like to hand quilt, cross stitch, crochet watch movies and I love to chat!!! I don't have time for any of it but the reading anymore cause my girls keep me pretty busy...

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by MariaD. View Post
    My hobbies are somewhat like yours, I love to read and I also do some embroidery and also do some light jewelry making with beads. I do watch some t.v. and will watch the occasional movie but mostly I read. I keep track of what I read and try to average anywhere from 15-25 books per month.

MARIA you're a rock star! 15-25 books per month! I used to read like that when I had no children and worked in Toronto with a long commute.

I also love jewelry making & beading, when I get the chance.

I have to say my Sony EReader (which my DH just bought me) has made my reading easier.
    Amy Ruttan
    www.amyruttan.com

ENCHANTRESS SERIES
    FROM ETERNAL PRESS

Masque of Desire
    Rain God
    Hard Candy
    Fox's Bride
    Gladiator's Revenge

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by brandyzbooks View Post

I would have to say reading is my hobby... I like to hand quilt, cross stitch, crochet watch movies and I love to chat!!! I don't have time for any of it but the reading anymore cause my girls keep me pretty busy...
    I understand about kids keeping you busy. I have 3. My girl is going to be 7 at the end of the summer. I have a 4 year old boy and a boy who is turning one on the 26th.

I really want to learn how to hand quilt. My mother does it, but I definitely need to wait until the kids get older.

I love movies too, but during the day my movie choices are limited. LOL!
    Amy Ruttan
    www.amyruttan.com

ENCHANTRESS SERIES
    FROM ETERNAL PRESS

Masque of Desire
    Rain God
    Hard Candy
    Fox's Bride
    Gladiator's Revenge

Reading: The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter
    Just Finished Reading: Defiant by Jessica Trapp Montana Dawn by Caroline Fyffe Witch's Heart by Tabitha Shay
    TBR: alot

Awards Showcase

My movies consist of mostly Disney types... and my girls are 14, 13 & 10 so I'm moving from movies to sports, lol
    Reading: Raptured Untamed by Pamela Palmer
    Just Finished Reading: Passion Untamed by Pamela Palmerl
    TBR: 21

Awards Showcase

Hi Amy,

My number one hobbie is reading, I attend Law School and between my full time job and school work I still manage to read at least 4 to 5 books a week. I don't watch much tv so it gives me free time to read.

I also have horses so I love to ride and travel with the horses when time allows. I sew and do Native American bead work and crafts. I am also a performing artist with my Nations Dance and Song Troupe so dancing and Singing are another one of my hobbies. I also started going to Conventions and I started a tradition of attending the Anne Rice Vampire Ball in New Orleans. I have a blast there. It's held on or around Halloween so it has a certain mystique. I also make it a point to go to DragonCon each Labor Day weekend. It's made up of a lot of great book authors who write about the Super Natural, SciFi, Historical and Romance.

I hope we may see you there also. Thanks for sharing some of your hobbies with us. Teresa
    Reading: Lord of the Fading Lands by CL Wilson
    Just Finished Reading: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong, Bengal's Heart by Lora Leigh Lion's Heat by Lora Leigh
    TBR: 1766

Awards Showcase

Hi Amy,
    I was here yesterday but it wouldn't let me post so I'm trying this morning again. I would have to say reading is my fave hobby and if I kept track of what I read in a month it would be 30 - 40 books because I use it as a pain reliever mostly paranormal and fantasy mixed genres that really take my imagination for a ride. I have done needlework with plastic canvas and have made my Mom 4 1 foot angel dolls and one 4 foot or higher Easter bunny. I have also done beaded angels with the idea of selling at craft fairs but that never panned out and have a box or two packed away in the attic. I've always wanted to learn how to quilt and to crochet properly. And I suppose my playing on the internet would be considered a hobby as well. I hope your Jubilee day was a success.

Robin

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

reading is the top of my list as well as well as trying to know something about my kids interests ~ which isn't as easy as it sounds. the youngest 2 are easy they love wii, Xbox360, ps3, so i just need to learn about the games. the oldest boy likes COD which is a war game for those of you who don't have a teenage boy and i really can't get into it, but that i try amuses him. and my daughter likes loads of different stuff. including poetry this is what she wrote for fathers day which is today in the UK

I donít really do cards that much, and i have little much cash right now, so here on fatherís day is something thatís come completely from the heart.
    I hope you like it.

Hero Dad

You are my hero, Dad
    You're my secure foundation.
    When I think of you, I'm filled with love
    And fond appreciation.

You make me feel protected;
    I'm sheltered by your care.
    You're always my true friend; Dad,
    When I need you, you'll be there.

You have a place of honor,
    Deep within my heart.
    You've been my superhero, Dad,
    Been there since the start

You mean the whole wide world to me,
    Changingís summin, i wonít allow.
    Youíve held my hand for 15 years.
    Hold on tight, donít stop now.

I love you dad, sorry iím not there to give you this today.
    Hugs
    Hollie

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by tuscaroralady View Post
    Hi Amy,

My number one hobbie is reading, I attend Law School and between my full time job and school work I still manage to read at least 4 to 5 books a week. I don't watch much tv so it gives me free time to read.

I also have horses so I love to ride and travel with the horses when time allows. I sew and do Native American bead work and crafts. I am also a performing artist with my Nations Dance and Song Troupe so dancing and Singing are another one of my hobbies. I also started going to Conventions and I started a tradition of attending the Anne Rice Vampire Ball in New Orleans. I have a blast there. It's held on or around Halloween so it has a certain mystique. I also make it a point to go to DragonCon each Labor Day weekend. It's made up of a lot of great book authors who write about the Super Natural, SciFi, Historical and Romance.

I hope we may see you there also. Thanks for sharing some of your hobbies with us. Teresa

I hope to get to some more conventions. I'm envious of you attending Anne Rice's Vampire Ball, that's on my definite list of To Do's.

I would love to see your dance troupe as well! My father's side has ties to Canada's First Nations, we have Ojibway and Inuit in our family.

You certainly lead a very active & interesting life Teresa!
    Amy Ruttan
    www.amyruttan.com

ENCHANTRESS SERIES
    FROM ETERNAL PRESS

Masque of Desire
    Rain God