Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Typing I think that spotlight is for me?

I have the feeling that today is an author spotlight on me. In which case, I will post about my new book, and about Morris Dancing, and possibly about my other hobby of historical reenactment. Maybe about some old books as well.

As it's my birthday today, in the hobbit tradition of giving other people presents on my birthday, I will also be picking a commenter at random to receive a copy of my brand new summer holiday romance, Shining in the Sun

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

Alex i have Shining in the sun on my wish list I'll try and get back to play later but i am going to watch the England match with my boys
    Hugs
    Hollie

Typing

Quote Originally Posted by hollie View Post

Alex i have Shining in the sun on my wish list I'll try and get back to play later but i am going to watch the England match with my boys
    Thank you! LOL! And yes, I think I chose entirely the wrong day for this. How dare England play their big match today and take all the glory off me?

Hope you are having a great B-day!!!!!
    Last edited by klmc37; June 23rd, 2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: wrong pic
    Reading: Sugar Rush by Donna Kauffman; Her Secondhand Groom by Rose Gordon
    Just Finished Reading: Build a Man by Talli Roland - Highly recommend!!
    TBR: 200!

Awards Showcase

Happy B-day Alex; my birthday's not far from yours either, less than a week away! Definitely tell more about your book and hobby - what kind of historical reenactment do you do/where does it take place?

I think I'll start by opening with Morris Dancing. This is a youtube vid of my morris side, the Ely and Littleport Riot. We're in the Borders tradition rather than the Cotswold tradition, and we look a bit like this. (I'm the one in the yellow waistcoat.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRPa1...rom=PL&index=4
    Reading: Deadlines by Metsy Hingle
    Just Finished Reading: Zero at the Bone by Jane Seville
    TBR: 500+

Awards Showcase

Happy Birthday Alex! I hope you have an awesome time on this special day of yours. :-)
    Happy Reading
    Anna

Quote Originally Posted by klmc37 View Post

Hope you are having a great B-day!!!!!
    Thank you! Yes, I'm afraid I'm having such a busy birthday that I shouldn't have thought of doing this on the day too. I thought it would be the usual quiet day in, but my daughter insisted on dragging me out to go shopping

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaRose View Post
    Happy B-day Alex; my birthday's not far from yours either, less than a week away! Definitely tell more about your book and hobby - what kind of historical reenactment do you do/where does it take place?
    Thanks AnnaRose!

I do two different eras in terms of historical reenacting. I've been a Saxon with Regia Anglorum for 21 years now, and more recently I've taken up 18th Century reenacting with the Mannered Mob, so I'm having to make all new clothes for all the family. 18th Century clothes are far more ambitious and tailored than 10th Century ones!

Quote Originally Posted by s7anna View Post
    Happy Birthday Alex! I hope you have an awesome time on this special day of yours. :-)
    Thanks Anna! It's certainly been a hectic day, with a man coming round to fix the car, and my daughter being off school and insisting I had to go out. Not quite what I was expecting!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast