Otherwise fondly known as my "ASS" (note the initials for the title), this book was my first with Champagne Books. I am very pleased with how well it has been received, and it has already claimed the Top Ten Finisher in the Preditor's and Editor's poll, as well as Book of the Year with Fallen Angel Reviews.

A little about "A Sister's Secret" :

Brooke Rawlings' life is turned upside down after the death of her sister. Now the guardian of her teenage nephew, she is devastated when Jeremy begins to withdraw from everyone. Matthew Grant, Jeremy's teacher, believing the boy's behavior is related to drug use, comes to Brooke with his fears. Together they investigate her sister's death, knowing it ties in with the disappearance of a student and ultimately, Jeremy's behavior. Brooke soon comes to realize there was more to her sister than met the eye. Can she unravel the web of secrets and lies and find happiness with the man at the top of her suspect list?

5 CUPS!!!

---Ms. Bingley penned a superb mystery that will take you on a ride you are not soon to forget. She creates a variety of characters to make the plot more interesting. She gives them all a little mystery, loaded with action, and pretty soon you are on a roller coaster ride that takes so many twists and turns it leaves you breathless. This who done it will keeping you wondering just that until the very end. Thanks, Ms. Bingley, for the wonderful ride.

Wateena, Coffee Time Romance

5 ANGELS REVIEW!!

---Ms. Derby Bingley has the talent of keeping you guessing all the way to the end. There are plenty of twists and turns to keep even the most jaded of mystery fans hooked! Her plot is well thought-out and easy to follow. Her style of writing is descriptive enough to give you a perfect picture of every scene without bogging the reader down in detail. Her characters are well rounded and believable.

This is an exciting novel from a relatively new author. Ms. Derby Bingley has accomplished what many suspense authors spend their entire careers trying to capture: A powerful story with a believable story line and character action. The ending of this novel will genuinely surprise the reader!

-Brandy, Fallen Angel Reviews.

5 OUT OF 5 "NOTEBOOKS"!!!

---A Sister's Secret is one of the better mysteries I've read in a long time partly because Brooke is personally involved and has a "never quit" attitude no matter the danger level. There is a strong pull toward solving several mysteries, which are interlocked into one conclusion. Lots of twists to complicate things. Each chapter lures you deeper into the story, which has a very real feel to it. That alone can scare the hell out of you. Brief setting description provides you with a sense of place. Character attitude is far stronger. Dialogue flows well and I couldn't find any gaping holes in the plot that left me wondering what had happened. The writing featured what needed to be stated only. So many books offer you the same thought or information that it's engraved in your memory. I enjoyed reading this e-book as well as Lori's other novel, "One Eye in the Darkness".

Five out of five reporter's notebooks

Denise Fleischer, gottawritenetwork.com

May 30, 2005

4.5 STARS!!!

---- Will she uncover the truth that someone has gone to a lot of trouble to keep hidden or is she about to become just another victim of this murderer?

Searching for answers to questions that now need answers, Brooke Rawlings is about to open a nest of vipers when she inadvertently draws the attention of a person hiding the truth about the reason her sister Serena was killed. And it is not only Brooke that needs protection, her nephew Jeremy is also in the firing line. Together with Matthew Grant, Brooke needs to discover what is going on and who the killer is before she ends up like her sister. Dead.

To say this book was suspenseful is an understatement. I totally enjoyed A SISTER'S SECRET from start to finish, with all the twists and turns it was a really well written story. I loved Matthew and his uncompromising demeanor, he was an Alpha male brought to life while Brooke was unable to let anything pass her by until she uncovered all it’s secrets. All of Lori Derby Bingley's characters including the secondary ones were great and really made the book come alive. If you love romantic suspense with plenty of twists then A SISTER'S SECRET by Lori Derby Bingley is a must read.

Sheryl, eCataRomance reviews http://www.ecataromance.com/

[img][/img]