Thread: Hobbies

Hybrid View

Default Hobbies

Hobbies

Both art and writing started out as hobbies but obviously now they are my work. I still take a lot of pleasure from both writing and my art and never get that Monday morning feeling.

I have been very fortunate over the years to turn hobbies into full time jobs my firs in the late 1970's and into the mid 1980's my love of music. I worked on pirate and community radio stations. I was a professional night club DJ and MC, in that time as well. my music tastes are wide, pop music, classical, rock, soul, about anything really.. The irony is I can't sing to save my life.. I could not hold a note in a box.. but alone in the shower or alone in the car… I can make a hell of a din.. There is a musical instrument that does interest me it is called a hang drum it is kind of an upside down steel drum that looks like a wok.. I might invest at some point..

Another big hobby is cooking, well that started as a hobby until I bought a Restaurant in 1987. Cooking commercially is rather different in some ways to cooking for yourself, scale for one, but it just requires a change of mind set; you think in terms of much bigger pans for some things.. in other ways it is much the same; doing a sauce for one for example.. I still very much enjoy cooking and would be interested in hearing about your favourite dish, or anything food related. BVS has a recipe conversation running on the blog.

I am a bit of a work-o-holic but other hobbies include gardening in general and bonsai trees in particular.

I look forward to hear from you

Ric

You can find my blog here
    My art here
    My writing here, here and here
    You can find my news letter and guest book here and the first ten drawn form the hat will win a free print of their choice
    TBR: 102

Awards Showcase

To Funny

Wow you kind of do a bit of everything. I cook at an assisted living and when I get home I don't want to cook. LOL. I like all kinds of music too.

Default Hobbies

>>>would be interested in hearing about your favourite dish<<<

My dad owned a restaurant in Longmont Colorado, USA, years ago. However, he had a chef who gave me a recipe for pancakes (for which he was famous.)
    I make those things a least a couple of times a month. And I love to make old fashioned bread. My great aunt (the ugliest woman I have ever seen - but with a heart of gold - God bless her heart) taught me to make bread. It can't be beat, although I don't do it as often as I'd like. (It takes a lot of time - sigh!~)

Allison Knight
    Heart-warming Romance With a Sensual Touch
    www.AllisonKnight.com

Sue

funny I have never got fed up of a hobby though it has to be said, when I have cooked for 100 people in a session, the last thing I want to do is eat anything.. but yes I do do a lot of things a real work-o-holic I work on average 100 hour a week every week.

Hi Allison sounds lovely and I agree you can't beat the taste and smell of home baked bread actually made some today.. there is a real homey feel to the whole process.. fresh bread and a hunk of cheese… ideal thank you