Hobbies

Both art and writing started out as hobbies but obviously now they are my work. I still take a lot of pleasure from both writing and my art and never get that Monday morning feeling.

I have been very fortunate over the years to turn hobbies into full time jobs my firs in the late 1970's and into the mid 1980's my love of music. I worked on pirate and community radio stations. I was a professional night club DJ and MC, in that time as well. my music tastes are wide, pop music, classical, rock, soul, about anything really.. The irony is I can't sing to save my life.. I could not hold a note in a box.. but alone in the shower or alone in the car… I can make a hell of a din.. There is a musical instrument that does interest me it is called a hang drum it is kind of an upside down steel drum that looks like a wok.. I might invest at some point..

Another big hobby is cooking, well that started as a hobby until I bought a Restaurant in 1987. Cooking commercially is rather different in some ways to cooking for yourself, scale for one, but it just requires a change of mind set; you think in terms of much bigger pans for some things.. in other ways it is much the same; doing a sauce for one for example.. I still very much enjoy cooking and would be interested in hearing about your favourite dish, or anything food related. BVS has a recipe conversation running on the blog.

I am a bit of a work-o-holic but other hobbies include gardening in general and bonsai trees in particular.

I look forward to hear from you

Ric

You can find my blog here
My art here
My writing here, here and here
You can find my news letter and guest book here and the first ten drawn form the hat will win a free print of their choice