Thread: Art

Hybrid View

Default Art

Art

it is hard to separate Art and writing so I apologise in advance for the joint references. I am a cover artist and Author for Black Velvet Seductions.

art started as a hobby but I have been a full time artist for quite a few years now. I cover all kinds of topics some of which you will find on my website here It is a privilege to make a living from the thing you love to do. It really is a joy never to get that Monday morning feeling and every morning brings a new challenge. I have always made art, my mother said I was drawing very early on. I can't imagine my life without art in it. It is "What I do". Trying to get into print has been something of an obsession for me. in the 70's and 80's I wanted to be a children's illustrator but that is a notoriously hard field to get into. it is something I achieved this year with the publication of "A very Special Place to Poop" a humorous book on the subject of potty training. a joy to work on with my friend, publisher and mentor Laurie Sanders.

Erotic art is a big topic for me I am a member of the guild of erotic artists and a member of the association of erotic artists. Again I cover a lot of topics. I like to think there is a soft romantic feel to my art work. Among my clients there is a high proportion of ladies, which makes me feel like I am walking the nice side of the street.

cover art, I was reading the BVS spotlight posts on Saturday, it was interesting to read the comments on art there. I have been doing covers in various places for a number of years. The thing I love about BVS is the democratic approach they have to the covers, they like the input of the writers so the covers are a real collaboration. I really do value the thoughts of readers and indeed authors, on what attracts you to covers.. Is it the colour? the subject? A lady mentioned headless torsos being a turn off something I will remember always. You can see some of my covers here and you can see some of my other art here

Feel free to ask any questions I will be here most of the day waiting to see your posts

Ric

You can find my blog here
    My art here
    My writing here, here and here
    You can find my news letter and guest book here and the first ten drawn form the hat will win a free print of their choice
    TBR: 102

Awards Showcase

I asked this on your a bit about me post.

What inspires some of your artwork?