Hybrid View

Post June Jubilee Day!!!! Hi There!!

I'm thrilled to be one of the featured authors during the June Jubilee celebration today!

I'm a very informal person, so please introduce yourself as you drop in and tell me a bit about yourself because I find other people much more interesting than I find myself, LOL.

I'm going to be adding to the threads in this section as the day goes by...the first leg of surprises is a copy of my debut novel, "Fire at Midnight" to the person who steps up and introduces himself/herself first!

Now, don't be shy!

Lisa Marie
    Lisa Marie Wilkinson
    Author of Historical Adventure Romance
    Stolen Promise, available now!
    5 Blue Ribbons, Romance Junkies
    5 Stars, Affaire de Coeur Magazine
    5/5 Cups, Coffee Time Romance
    Fire at Midnight, available now!
    IPPY Gold Medal Winner
    Winner, USA Book News Best Books
    http://www.lisamariewilkinson.com
    Reading: Sugar Rush by Donna Kauffman; Her Secondhand Groom by Rose Gordon
    Just Finished Reading: Build a Man by Talli Roland - Highly recommend!!
    TBR: 200!

Awards Showcase

Hi Lisa,

Happy June Jubilee to you today! To introduce a bit about myself, currently I am a grad student studying about the student experience in higher educational institutions. When I'm not reading for that, or studying, or tutoring, or working at one of my assistantships, I am reading - romance, chick lit, and sometimes general fiction. I love reading and have even since I picked up Charlotte's Web as a child.

Thankfully, today is my birthday, so no work/study for me today! I think later on I'll head on over to the library to pick up some fun reads before my exercise boot camp tonight (I still have to go to that! but it is fun). Later on...Cake!! (See, the boot camp was worth it

Hi Anna Rose!
    Happy birthday! You've won the copy of Fire at Midnight, so if you'll please e-mail me your snail mail address at lisamarie@lisamariewilkinson.com, I'll be delighted to put your prize in the mail for you!

It sounds like you're busy, girl! Do you have any special birthday plans today? My Mom and my sister both have birthdays in June, too. It's a great month for birthday celebrations!

Lisa Marie
    Lisa Marie Wilkinson
    IPPY Gold Medal Winner

Awards Showcase

Yeah

Yay! Thanks so much - I'll definitely look forward to reading it - it got some rave reviews!!

Yes, June is always busy for either birthdays and/or weddings. So when I get married, I'll have to pick another month

All of my fun birthday stuff happened over the weekend - since not many people can take off a Tuesday. On the weekend though my parents took me out to lunch (sushi) and later on in the evening I went out with my friends for dinner/drinks. Good times!

One birthday I will never forget is going to a ritzy restaurant with my family to celebrate and having a stranger at the bar who had imbibed too freely serenade me by singing "Mona Lisa" to me when he realized my birthday was being celebrated by our group.

I'm not a person who craves attention in public, so I was about ready to crawl under the table just to escape what seemed at the time a terrible humiliation. Years later, the thing I remember most about the event was that even though the man was inebriated, he sang extremely well, and there was something so sad about him.

It's funny how there can be just a moment or two when your life intersects with that of another person, and you end up wondering what that person's story was and how his life turned out.

Lisa Marie
    Lisa Marie Wilkinson
    IPPY Gold Medal Winner

Awards Showcase

I know what you mean - sometimes I wonder what has happened to people that I knew only for a moment; why do some of these moments resonate and not others? A good question for the cosmos!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaRose View Post
    I know what you mean - sometimes I wonder what has happened to people that I knew only for a moment; why do some of these moments resonate and not others? A good question for the cosmos!
    I think any situation that stirs some sort of emotional response tends to stay much longer in our memory. When I'm stirred to feel empathy or compassion for another person, it touches my humanity and reminds me that we're all linked.
    Lisa Marie Wilkinson
    IPPY Gold Medal Winner