Undoubtedly, this recipe is high in fat, but low in carbs (and only healthy ones at that), and chock full of vitamins. Best of all, it’s freaking delicious, particularly the Del-Mar! I know, I know--spinach? Delicous? Trust me!

You'll find the recipe below. Any ideas for other toppings? I'd love some input!

Alyssa’s Spinach Pizza Crust
3 packs frozen chopped spinach
3 eggs
½ stick butter, melted
3 cups chopped whole grain bread
1 cup whole grain bread crumbs
¾ cup Parmesan cheese
½ teas. salt
¾ tea thyme
¾ tea oregano
¾ tea basil
¾ tea pepper
¾ tea garlic

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook spinach in microwave for approximately 10 minutes; place in strainer and drain very well (this is an important step! Get *all* the water out!!!). In large bowl, mix spinach, eggs, butter, and seasonings. Add parmesan cheese, bread cubes, and bread crumbs. Mix well. Grease pizza pan (I use a stone from Pampered Chef and olive oil cooking spray). Spread spinach mixture onto pan, creating a crust-like edge. Bake approximately 20-25 minutes, until bread is slightly golden and crust is firm. Remove from oven and garnish with your choice of pizza toppings, then bake again until cheeses are melted.

Variations:

Del-Mar Pizza—top with Alfredo sauce (homemade or dry mix packages taste much better than jarred IMO), cooked crabmeat, salad shrimp, and mozzarella cheese. I like to marinate my shrimp in Italian salad dressing the night before. My sister likes to sprinkle Old Bay on this, but not I!

Italian Chicken—top with spaghetti sauce, cooked cubed chicken breasts (again, great marinated in Italian dressing prior to cooking), mushrooms, and Italian cheese.

Enjoy!