Hybrid View

Default Homemade Icecream--in Ziploc bags!

I can't take credit for this--I got this recipe off Nickjr.com, but I loved the concept. So much so that my daughter is throwing her first ever friend party in a few weeks--a make your own icecream party!

So here it is...

Homemade Icecream--in Ziploc Bags

Ingredients:

3/4 cup milk or half and half

4 tsp. sugar

1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

Handful of chocolate chips, cut fruit, or candies

1/2 cup course kosher salt

3 to 4 cups ice cubes

Ice cream cones

Sprinkles or nuts (optional)

Resealable bags: 1 quart and 1 gallon

Heavy-duty tape

Step 1
    Combine the milk or half and half, sugar, and vanilla, and any other ingredients--chocolate chips, fresh fruit, or candies in the 1-quart resealable bag. Seal the bag and tape tightly.

Step 2
    Put the 1-quart bag into a 1-gallon resealable bag. Fill the bag with ice (cover the smaller bag completely) and sprinkle with the salt. Seal the larger bag tightly and wrap it with the tape.

Step 3
    Let the kids toss the bag back and forth or shake it for about 5 minutes or until ice cream mixture is thick and slushy. Kids may want to wear gloves because the bag will be cold. The longer the bag is shaken or tossed, the thicker the ice cream.

Step 4
    Remove the ice cream bag and wipe it dry. Snip a corner from the bag and pipe the ice cream into two small cones or two small bowls.

Step 5
    Serve with sprinkles, nuts, or other toppings.

Tip:
    Replace the milk, sugar, and vanilla with juice: pineapple, mango, orange, or lemonade for a quick and tasty sorbet.

If you go to Nickjr.com, you can watch a video on this.
    Slip between the sheets with Alyssa Brooks, erotic romance author. www.alyssabrooks.com

Ok. So i posted this bc I thought it really neat--the reality was much more...not. LOL. My daughter and I gave it a try and well...twenty minutes later we had milkshake and saltwater burning our hands despite mittens.

Guess it's a neat way to make MILKSHAKES...but not icecream!
    Slip between the sheets with Alyssa Brooks, erotic romance author. www.alyssabrooks.com
    TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Red face

lol Poor Alyssa!
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

Reading: The FBI Thrillers by Catherine Coulter- all 15 of them!!!
    Just Finished Reading: The Mitford Series
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

I've done this before and the kids love it! Thanks for sharing the recipe I can't find mine.
    Kissa
    Well behaved women never make history.
    http://kissastarling.com
    Reading: Has lots to read and wonders if I can get them all read in the next year .... 100's haha
    TBR: 99999

Awards Showcase

Default That Is Still Great

YOU NEED TO USE THE SILICON MITTS LIKE FOR HOT THINGS MAYBE or oven mitts instead of mittens ... we think for cold but maybe you need something for heat too so no matter the temperature you can stand to toss it around I was thinking BASEBALL MITTS or catchers mitts too ... hey if it is taped up really well and the air squished out then you could toss it and have a real game of it and maybe it will be SORBET or GELATO consistency which would be thicker than a milkshake but hey milkshakes sans blenders would work for the kids too ... still a fun idea. Just the final details have to be improved on.

Thanks for the great tip.

Lainey
    Lainey
    www.myspace.com/wolfhealers
    www.myspace.com/ember_lanes_lyrical_muse

THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES, ONLY REASONS WHY AND TIMING IS KEY