Hybrid View

Typing Whispers at Ghost Point - work in progress

The new novel is moving along well and I've made a few more decisions regarding: the hero, heroine, location and ghost.

We are bringing back, sort of, Nathan and Vanessa, (from No Turning Back) because I just can't let go of him yet. So, Nathan is the ghost in the abandoned lighthouse and will do his best to bring together his reincarnated counter parts so they can eventually realize who they are. The story is contemporary and you'll have to visit my website to find out more about where it takes place, along with a few other details about the story. I have a few links there to help get you in the mood for the story!

I hope I've peaked your interest just a little so that you continue to visit me and see what I'm up to. I'd really like to hear from you but though some of you are popping in, you're all too shy to leave me a note. Please don't be shy! I want to hear from you....does this story line start the intrigue?

revision Read a few chapters?

For those interested to read as I write, I am posting a few chapters as I complete them at http://writing.com/authors/butterfly55_55 which is my portfolio addy at writing.com.

The new book title so far is Whispers at Ghost Point. If you're a member at writing.com you can also do a review of the chapter and receive gift points.

If you're an author and don't belong to writing.com you may want to check out all the author benefits they have there. The feedback from other members is very helpful, as well as the groups you can join. Check it out and tell them I sen you!
    Last edited by Deanna Jewel; August 15th, 2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: spacing

Typing The story is getting better and better!

I can't wait to share this story with all of you! I'm getting some great feedback at writing.com along with suggestions for changes that are making the story better and my writing tighter.

The readers there tell me they're pulled into the story immediately and feel a part of the scenes. They're intrigued by my ghost and the stranger I sort of introduce but don't introduce. *big smile* Sorry, can't say more than that.

Read the posts below to find out more of what the story is about and where it takes place. I so appreciate that you're interested in the upcoming book I'm working on. If all goes well, I hope to release this one in July of 2011 so keep returning to know what's happening.

You might want to read No Turning Back because those characters sort of have a place in this upcoming release of Whispers at Ghost Point. Thank you for stopping in to find out more about me and my writing. I'm also one of the Limelight authors and you can read about me there, too. I do appreciate it. Leave a message if you wish; I do read these and watch the visitor counts as well!

Last edited by Deanna Jewel; October 15th, 2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: missing word

Default Ghost/Vampire chat-June 18th & release date of Sept 20, 2011

Thanks for popping in to check on me and the progress for book three. I have Ch 1 posted for you to read over at Bookbuzzr titled Whispers at Ghost Point for your reading pleasure.

More news!.....On June 18th, in the Latte Lounge, I will be holding a Ghosts/Vampires Author chat with five other authors of Ghost or Vampire novels so that you can join us; stop in to chat, leave a comment to be in the drawings throughout the day and share ghost experiences you've had. We hope to see you there. Our chat IS listed on the event calendar here at CTR. See you on June 18th!

If you want to chat with us before June 18th, we've posted a thread so hop over to our chat in the Paranormal room in the Chatters Lounge (page 10 under the 'G's, Ghosts & Vampires Chat)! See you there, leave us a post so we can respond when one of us are in there!

The release of Whispers at Ghost Point has had to be delayed but I'm hoping for it to be released by late August 2012. Circumstances beyond my control had forced me to set back the release date but I promise the wait will be worth it. I've posted Chapter 1 HERE for those who want to hop over and read it. My website has a few other links for you to get into the story and location before it arrives.

Typing Whispers at Ghost Point - New Cover!!

I must apologize for such a lapse in time since I last posted here to chat with you. Tax season takes up all my time from Dec thru to mid-May and I'm just now getting back into author mode! Thank you for waiting for me. Whispers at Ghost Point can now get back into progress so that I can get it out to you by August.

I've been working on the cover and I hope you like it! I do and I'm excited to share it with you! To read more about the book and settings, please click HERE to head over to my main website. Thank you so much for your support and I hope you're anxious to read this one. The characters are being brought back from my historical romance, No Turning Back, so you can enjoy them meeting each other again 200 years later! (if you've not read that book yet, there's still time before Whispers hits the net!)

Attached Images

Yeah November2012 Book Tour for Whispers at Ghost Point!

Thank you for stopping in to check the progress on the book that seems to have taken me forever to complete! The end is near, I promise! I hope to have it out for you in e-book by mid November and in print by the end of November. I've improved the cover but have also finished the book trailer! I hope you enjoy watching it! The link to view that trailer is on my blog link below.

To celebrate the release, I'm doing a virtual book tour where you'll be able to enter the contest at each tour stop for a chance to win a $10 gift card, plus enter one time into the Grand Prize drawing. Find out more by visiting
    my blog where I'll soon have the entry link to get into the contest! Because I want to share with you the necklace that is such an important part of not only Whispers, but is also in No Turning Back, the grand prize is a replica of the necklace plus I'll be giving away a few $25 gift cards as well.

Whispers at Ghost Point is a stand alone book yet it brings back the characters from No Turning Back as they're reincarnated 200 years after No Turning Back. If you've not read NTB, it's on sale for a limited time for .99 so you can all grab a copy to read before you read Whispers. I hope you recognize the characters in Whispers when you're able to read it! My link above for Whispers has the schedule for the tour, will tell you a bit more about the story, the abandoned lighthouse and the ghost who inhabits the tower. There's a link on the blog to read Chapter One of Whispers at Bookbuzzr. Enjoy and I hope to see you on the tour.

Please mark your calendars to stop in, comment to chat with me and get into all the contests! Again, thank you for reading. Please share with your friends who enjoy reading romances. My blog has the share buttons for FB, Twitter and others.

Yeah Chances to win beaded book thong! Stop by the tour stops!

Chances to WIN!!

I'm glad you're interested in a chance to win one of three beaded book thongs! See the post below to find out more about the tour but the scheduled dates are on my blog on the left side bar with links to each stop. You can still get in on one contest that will end on the 23rd but on the 23rd another contest starts over at Cate Masters' blog! She'll have a picture of that book thong up for grabs or click HERE to peek at all three. The third one will be given away at the Dec 17th tour stop with Charmaine Gordon!

My other tour stops will have $10 gift cards and there's several items up for grabs in the grand prize contest to be held on Dec 10th. Be sure to check out the upcoming hops listed on the right side bar and mark your calendars. I'd love for you to subscribe to my newsletter and follow my blog. Thanks for stopping in!

Yeah Who wants to win a gift card??

I'm hanging out this week over at Charmaine Gordon's Blog chatting with my main character, Dana Kaster, about renovating an abandoned lighthouse. Stop by to get in on the $10 Gift Card giveaway which could buy you 3 or 4 e-books! Charmaine is a sweetheart and also a great author who writes heart-touching romance. Roam around her site after you enter my contest!

I'm finally getting down to the nitty gritty edits and Whispers will be out before Christmas for your Nook, Sony, iPad or Kindle! My website will have your favorite online store link SOON! I promise. Thank you for stopping in and good luck in the contests!

Oh, btw, I'm also giving away a few more gift cards at my own blog - be sure to stop over there and get your entries in!

I'm moving my newsletter and the new link is on my blog or website and signing up will get you into the drawings! May love and hope be prominent in 2013 for each and everyone of you! Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Deanna Jewel; December 17th, 2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: font too large