Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News about S.J.

Default News about S.J.

Hi everyone,

I hope SJ and Tree won't mind my posting about what's going on with him right now. In a nutshell, SJ has been told that his pancreas isn't working at all anymore. Without a lifelong regimen of the proper medication, he doesn't have very long to live.

Unfortunately, the medication is frightfully expensive and he must start it right away or the muscle damage - including to his heart - may be irreversible. His friends and fellow authors on the Beyond the Veil blog are mounting an effort to help him get the medication he needs.

Until we can get other, long-term plans off the ground, we have set up a way for his friends and fans to donate via Paypal. Please, if you can help, even just a buck or two, it would be deeply appreciated.

The link is on our Dunvegas free anthology page. Scroll down and click the "Donate" button.

We on the BtV blog are not willing to let SJ go without a fight. We hope you'll join us.

Carolan Ivey
    Carolan Ivey
    Romance That Will Haunt You

Web Page ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ MySpace ~ Twitter ~ YouTube
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

Poor SJ. I'll be sure to go and check out the Dunvegas page.

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

that is a lovely thought i hope you can raise enough funds to help.
    Hugs
    Hollie

4. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

That's wonderful for y'all to do Carolan.

He's a fantastic man and I don't want to lose him without a fight either!
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.
    Reading: The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter
    Just Finished Reading: Defiant by Jessica Trapp Montana Dawn by Caroline Fyffe Witch's Heart by Tabitha Shay
    TBR: alot

Awards Showcase

OMGsh, that is sooo sad. I am new here but SJ and Tree were awesome to me during Springshowers and made me feel so at home. If you don't mind I would like to help spread the word. I didn't know he was ill until today, thanks to CharmedGirl for getting me the link to this post. Please if there is anything I can do don't hesitate to ask and I'm headed over to the site to donate.

I know this isn't my business but can they do a pancreas transplant??? My father was a transplant patient and I know its not easy but because of my dad's transplant we got to keep him with us for another 24yrs... I will keep him and Tree in my prayers!!!

Brandy

Awards Showcase

I've never heard of a Pancreas transplant Brandy but I'm sure it can be done. It'd be beneficial for diabetes patients you'd think.

Just Finished Reading: Defiant by Jessica Trapp Montana Dawn by Caroline Fyffe Witch's Heart by Tabitha Shay

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by CharmedGirl View Post
    I've never heard of a Pancreas transplant Brandy but I'm sure it can be done. It'd be beneficial for diabetes patients you'd think.
    I know that i have heard of them. Alot of times they are transplanted with other organs like livers and intestinal tract in children with issues there. I hope that this all works out for them. I sent a donation. I would like to help spread the word about the site with the download and donation info, but I am waiting to make sure it is okay.

Brandy

Awards Showcase

I'm sure it would be okay. The more the merrier for donations.

TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by brandyzbooks View Post
    I know that i have heard of them. Alot of times they are transplanted with other organs like livers and intestinal tract in children with issues there. I hope that this all works out for them. I sent a donation. I would like to help spread the word about the site with the download and donation info, but I am waiting to make sure it is okay.

Brandy
    Brandy, to be sure about it you could PM Tree. I know she's been working a lot, but she will answer when she gets time.
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.
    Reading: The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by IrishWolf View Post
    Brandy, to be sure about it you could PM Tree. I know she's been working a lot, but she will answer when she gets time.
    Thank you, I was afraid to bother her. Especially with all that she is going through. I will send a short msg and see what she thinks.

Thank you,
    Brandy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast