Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Xwriter The Dark of Dawn- at the risk of temptation.

Hello everyone!

I'm in California till the 7th, so I figured I would start this now, and give you a day or two early to stew on whats written.

Glad Hollie is going in for her surgery, and don't worry, we will behave I think...

So anyway, I guess I'm going to start this off... and bear with me cuz I havent done this kinda round robin in ages... I figure Im going to do it almost purely. I'll give you the beginning but everything else is up to the players... So lets begin.

Reaper sat on the ledge of the stone balcony high above the street he was watching, his long duster flapping behind him in the turbulent winds that blew through the high rises in New York's Carnegie Hill district. His eyes searched the masses that walked along under him, their lives unhampered by proof of the paranormal. Humanity as a whole were oblivious to the hidden world, and, in Reapers opinion, were better off because of it.

He didn't relish assignments like this, where he had to pluck someone out of their lives and into a world that, for all they knew, only existed in movies and literature. But still when the Oracles deemed someone worthy, or found one of the lost tribes, or worse, another untrained oracle, someone had to fetch them and make them believe that what Hollywood was selling was true... to a point.

Normally he was sent after males, members of the lost tribes that had yet to tap into their power, or Humans who had discovered some latent abilities and the Oracles took notice. This time though, he was looking for a woman, Helen Stolz, and he wasn't happy about it. Women were normally the hardest to convince of their supernatural background, not to mention they were damn harder to break of their old lives.

He scanned once again, looking towards the right and into the park when he caught sight of a most unusual Aura signature. Most humans had flat colors, mixed together but those of other designation, well their aura's lit them up like glittery firecrackers.

Bingo
    he thought as he closed his eyes and willed himself to the park, just inside the copse of trees that hid a lovers bench in the Ramble. He emerged to see the sun filtering through the trees and a woman with an aura as bright as morning come round the corner.

*Tag*
    Stella and Audra Price- Risk Taking Romance

United Steam Society~ Paranormal Pretties~Authors After Dark~
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

Although he couldn't see all of her, the first thing Reaper noticed was that she was beautiful. Her head was angled towards the grimy ground as she walked. Dark curls cascaded down her back almost to her bottom, and framed her face nicely, giving her a heavenly appearance.

Also, she was tall for a woman. Five foot ten at least. And she moved with the finesse of a dancer, all style and grace.

When she was suddenly in close quarters with him, Reaper stepped into her path. She slammed into his rock hard chest, losing her balance. He enveloped her in his strong arms, and she glanced up. Her eyes were captivating, as wintery gray as the Arctic. They were eyes he could get lost in for days, maybe even weeks.

"Oh I'm so sorry." Helen said, her voice dripping with nervousness. "I wasn't watching where I was going."

"It's quite alright." He elevated his calloused palm to her cheek, cupping it. "Besides, it's not every day I have a beautiful woman run into me."

Helen blushed, her face as red as a tomato. For a moment, Reaper thought it was kind of cute until he remembered his mission.

He released her, and she wobbled, starting to go down again. He caught her again just as a snarled curse breezed by his ear. Something about sandals. He didn't know what was with human women and their shoes, but he looked down to discover there'd been a malfunction.

Helen ripped the ruined sandal off her foot, glared at it, then reached down and took off the other one as well. "Stupid things! I've had enough of you!" She put extra emphasis on the word YOU and at the same time flung the sandals with all her might towards the garbage can next to the bench, seemingly heedless of the passerby and the fact the bench was occupied by a older man concentrating on feeding the pigeons in front of him.

The shoes flew recklessly through the air - she had a damn good arm, Reaper had to give her that, but her aim sucked - at an amazingly high speed. One shoe hit the garbage can, bounced, and threatened the life of four pigeons. The other one grazed across his cheek before swerving to the left of the can and landing on the grass, narrowly missing a mother wheeling a stroller. Reaper managed to hold back a smile.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

The soft fingertips that touched his cheek smelled of roses, one of the prominent colors of her aura. He breathed in the scent deeply then had to turn away from her and cough it out to cover up his growing arousal. She put his hand on his shoulder and the resulting wave of sunlight cascading over his body from her touch made him close his eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. Don't be alarmed. It's just...something caught in my throat."

Her eyebrows knit together with concern. "I really wasn't trying to hurt you."

"I know." He wanted to say that she couldn't if she tried, but that would have been a lie, so he settled on a warm-up to his pitch. "You just can't help your own strength sometimes, can you? I'll bet you've noticed that before."
    Perfect Ride - MM Cowboys!

Sex, Ties and Videotape
    - a MM erotic *light* BDSM

Lover Enslaved - MM Romance 1 Night Stand

No Glass Between Them - FF Romance

Sweet Cravings - BBW MF Contemporary Foodie Romance *hot*

Facebook

Twitter

Blog

Goodreads

Amazon Author Page

Awards Showcase

"Actually no. I've never paid attention to how much strength I have." Helena admitted with a shrug. "Guess it comes from all the baseball I used to play when I was a kid. Good pitching arm and all that."

"Is that so?" Reaper asked, his voice curious. He wanted to know all about the beautiful woman before him. What made her tick? What did she love and hate? What had she been like as a child? Practically, he craved any information she was willing to offer him.

Helena only nodded, offering him nothing else. Instead, she changed the subject, which Reaper found odd. Didn't she like talking about herself?

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing in New York? Are you here on vacation, are you visiting someone?"

"Honestly, I've been sent to find someone. A woman."

"Sent by whom?" Helen asked, intrigued since any woman would be lucky to find this hunk on their doorstep. "And what's the woman's name? Do I happen to know her?"

"I was sent by my superiors." He answered, which he noted pleased her. Considering the gracious smile she tossed his way. What? Did she not expect him to provide answers? "And as for woman, you'd know her inside and out."

"Okay," she said tentatively, suddenly afraid to learn the truth. Though she added, "So who is she?", wanting who the woman who he seeked confirmed.

"You."

Just Finished Reading: Dead ion the Family, The Summoning,Redemption alley, Flesh circus, Immortal: love stories with bite
    TBR: 4

Awards Showcase

She looked at him uncertainty written across her face. Suddenly Helen's eyes darted past him, her eyes going wide in shock and horror. He felt it too and turned to look where her gaze had fallen. The sky was boiling, clouds curing in on themselves, dark violet and storm red colors showing through.
    They were fast running out of options, it seemed someone or something else was after Helen as well.
    Reaper swore under his breath and turned to Helen, "Run! Hopefully we have time."
    The boiling clouds started moving towards them, Helen grabbed Reaper's hand, and they ran.
    He couldn't help but feel the warm radiating up his arm, and risked a quick glance. Her face was a mask of determination.
    Reading: The next book to fall off the bookshelf.
    TBR: 450+

Awards Showcase

Holding her hand, they ran, others in the park startled by their passing or noticing the coming storm and making their own haste to get clear.

Her reaction made him think she knew what was coming on that cloud, though he wasn't positive. She hadn't balked in the least, her lengthy stride keeping pace with his. Rather than wasting energy demanding answers, he followed her.

Glancing over her shoulder, the slightest widening of her eyes told him all he needed to know. They were still being followed.

"I know where we can hide," she managed through the heaving of her breathing. Tightening his hand on hers, he let himself be led, blindly, for the first time in centuries.

Awards Showcase

It was a stupid thing to trust Helena with his life, but if it kept them both safe he would do it.

"So, where are we going?" He asked, following her like an obedient puppy.

"Do you like baseball?" She enquired, hoping he did. "Because I thought we could go hit some balls. Maybe loosen us up a little."

"Sure." He answered, watching the cute sway of her hips as she walked with purpose. Knowing exactly where she was headed. "But it's probably not a safe place for us to be."

Suddenly, she stopped and glanced at him. She cocked a dark brow, questioning his words. "What do you mean it's not safe?"

Reaper released an exasperated sigh, annoyed with the Oracles. How much did they want him to reveal to her? "Let us just find somewhere inside that's warm and I'll explain everything."

"No." She all but yelled. Why couldn't a man simply be honest with her? "You'll tell me, and you'll tell me now."

"Fine. But consider yourself warned. You're probably not going to like or even believe anything I have to say."

She nodded, her hazel eyes burning with questions. But she remained tight-lipped. So he continued, "You're different Helena. Special."

"What are you saying?" She asked, her voice shaky. Did she know about her supernatural background? "That I'm a freak."

Reaper shook his head, assuring her she was nothing of the sort. "You're not a freak, but you're not entirely human either."

"So, what am I?" Helena asked him, her voice full of inquisitiveness. Which made him have hope that she believed him.

He shrugged, not completely certain of the answer. Though he was fairly certain she was a witch just by her everchanging aura. When she was mad, it blazed bright red. And when she was excited, it metamorphosed to yellow, as bright as the sun. "The Oracles will have all the answers. But for now, we have to get going. Where do you live?"

Again, the sky rumbled, splintering like a stockman cracking a whip -- loud and harsh. Which made Reaper freeze in spot because he knew time had run out. The titans were coming, and were there to exact revenge on his kind.

The wind howled as it sent leaves and dust whirling around his large frame. Every muscle tensed with anger. Now? They had to start this now of all times? He was just making progress with this woman. But if they wanted a fight, they'd get one.

He opened his mouth and let out a roar as he spun around, lifting his fist high in the air and shaking it at the ominous dark cloud.

"You want it Titans? Come and get it!" he growled.

The cloud changed colors faster than Helen's aura, going from black to blood red and then roiling swirls of grey and dark fuchsia. A lightening bolt zig-zagged towards him and connected with the ground inches from his feet, so close that he could taste the sulfur in his mouth and smell the singed hair on his still upraised arm. He pulled it back, opened his palm and called up the bolt's energy from the ground. It arced to his hand, and he tossed it back up into the sky.

"You'll have to do better than that, cowards!" he yelled. "Why don't you come down here and fight me man to man?"

A stupid remark really. Nobody had fought Titans in hand-to-hand combat and lived in the last century. He ought to know.

His fists tightened as hard as diamonds as the cloud touched the ground and formed a the shape of a being before him. A twenty foot tall being clad in armor and one helluva scowl.

"Your kind does not honor us," the Titan's voice thundered, echoing off the building around them like a kettle drum, "and now you will convert another of your kind to hate our ways." The giant glared at Helen. "We cannot allow it. Prepare to die."

Behind him, he heard Helen gasp. For a second he worried - he'd forgotten she was still there. But when she came up beside him wearing an aura of pure red, she put his fears to rest, though the hard-on from looking at her about killed him.

"Oh yeah sucker?" she said in a snotty tone. "It's time someone taught you some manners you big bully!"
    Perfect Ride - MM Cowboys!

Sex, Ties and Videotape
    - a MM erotic *light* BDSM

Lover Enslaved - MM Romance 1 Night Stand

No Glass Between Them - FF Romance

Sweet Cravings - BBW MF Contemporary Foodie Romance *hot*

Facebook

Twitter

Blog

Goodreads

Amazon Author Page

Awards Showcase

"You dare to challenge me, human." The arrogant titan growled as he loomed over them menacingly, looking mad as a dog who'd failed in catching a cat he'd been chasing.

"Great. Now you've gone and done it, sweetheart." Reaper said, anger radiating off him in waves.

"Done what?" Helena asked, not wholly grasping the situation surrounding them, though she knew it was bad just by her new friend's worrisome tone.

"Pissed him off." Reaper replied while he ran his fingers through his flaxen locks in frustration.

"That wasn't my intention. I just wanted to make it clear to him that threatening people wasn't the way to make friends."

"Well it didn't help, did it?" Reaper said sarcastically, making Helena spin on her heel and walk away.

Before she made it more than a few steps, Reaper grabbed her arm, and turned her around to face him. "Wait a minute. You can't just leave."

"And why not? It's not as if I know you. Or better yet, know that you can protect me from that thing."

"I'm Reaper." He thrust out his hand for her to shake.

"Just Reaper? You don't have a last name."

"Nope, just Reaper." He said with a cheshire grin, having forgotten all about the titan threatening to kill him. "And you are?"

"Helena Stolz." She elevater her hand, and he grasped it warmly and raised it to his lips. The kiss was chaste, but very sweet.

"Well, now that the introductions are out of the way, I suggest we run."

Still holding her hand, he intertwined their fingers, then tugged on her arm and broke off into a sprint. They ran flat chat for a few blocks, then slowed their pace. Since otherwise Helena wouldn't last much longer as she was still human and didn't have his super speed abilities.

Just Finished Reading: Dead ion the Family, The Summoning,Redemption alley, Flesh circus, Immortal: love stories with bite
    TBR: 4

Awards Showcase

Then Reaper remembered, a safe house about two blocks from where they jogged. How had he not remembered earlier? Being near her was starting to scramble his brain, instead of think about escape plans and how to tell her about her heritage, he was thinking about how her jeans hugged her behind, the gentle shape of her hips, her silky skin.

Reaper shook his head, trying in vain to form a plan.

"Helen I know a safe place, it's about a block away, can you make it?"
    She looked at him outrage plastered across her lovely face. "Of course," she snapped.

Huge boiling clouds still followed, Reaper glanced back, no sign of the titan, that was a good sign.

There it was the red door, if they could just make it inside. Reaper could find out more about this beautiful sexy women.

They reached the door Reaper shoved it open.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast