Quote Originally Posted by kayelle_allen View Post
On the subject of older heroes...

The thing I find attractive about an older hero is that he isn't discovering the world for the first time - he's experienced life and now savors it instead of grabbing for it. There's a confidence about an older hero that a younger one doesn't have yet. The kind that only comes because he failed in the past, lived through it, and learned what not to do.

I think they're a bit more generous in their appreciation of fine things as well. They've perhaps collected a bit of wealth along with their experience, and are a bit more stable. Not to say there isn't something yummy about an older hero who's lost everything, is broken hearted, and yearns for someone who'll see him as he is and still fall for him...
I completely agree with you, an older hero is well they basically know what they want from the world, like you said they are more experienced in life's hardships already. I prefer older men anyways but would be nice to actually read an older hero novel. I've read only two books in my life with an older man but would like to see more.