Thread: Cool contest!!!

Hybrid View

Reading: The Eternal Guardians by Elisabeth Naughton
    Just Finished Reading: Eternal Echoes by John O'Donahue
    TBR: 100+

Awards Showcase

Yeah Cool contest!!!

Hello everyone!

Been a busy weekend, but some cool things have been accomplished. I thought I'd celebrate with a contest, and just have some fun today, while I work on my next book - a werewolf tale with a few neat twists and a fabulous and mega-sexy hero, and his equally devastating but not so nice brother.... More about that in the coming days.

Today, I have a wonderful guest at my blog, chatting about her new book. So, please drop by and check that out, you can't miss when the author's tagline is: From Sandy Lender - "Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

http://fantasy-pages.blogspot.com/2010/12/guest-sandy-lender.html

And, it's December, so the new Holiday issue of SENSUAL TREATS MAGAZINE is out - uploaded last night, our Christmas issue this year includes some fabulous interviews, recipes, a nifty little short story, and a few other treats! As always, it's FREE, and ready for download here: http://sensualtreats.webs.com/archives.htm

CONTEST:

Check out my latest release, a fairytale called FAVOLA, decidedly adult in tone!! Just leave a comment telling me what your favourite fairytale is that you would like to see rewritten for the grown-ups, and I'll pull a name from the list at the end of the end of the week - your prize will be a surprise, but it's a nice one, I promise - but part of the prize will be a book from XoXo Publishing™ - your choice, my treat - if you buy a copy of FAVOLA, your chances of winning triple when you send me a copy of your receipt (denyse@denysebridger.com - Subject: contest) - yes, I will enter your name twice more - the prize package will be stuff that I post to you. Don't forget to leave your email if I can't click on your ID and get you that way.

So, the excerpt is here: http://fantasy-pages.blogspot.com/2010/11/things-sensual-and-romantic.html

AND, the store is here: http://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online/

Will be checking in periodically, and thanks everyone!! I hope the coming week brings you all good things....
    Reading: A Certain Wolfish Charm by Lydia Dare
    Just Finished Reading: Island of Secrets by Tammie Clarke Gibbs
    TBR: Umm..

Awards Showcase

I read the excerpt for Favola and it left me wanting to read more! I love that it's an "adult" fairy tale. I would like to see Aladdin rewritten.

cbandy10(at)hotmail(dot)com

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by atlmulligan View Post
    I read the excerpt for Favola and it left me wanting to read more! I love that it's an "adult" fairy tale. I would like to see Aladdin rewritten.

cbandy10(at)hotmail(dot)com
    Thank you - I love the fairytales rewritten thing, too - and I think I will do a series of them - Aladdin sounds like a perfect tale to be retold!! Thank you for stopping by.
    TBR: 1000+

Awards Showcase

I think I would like to see Cinderella rewritten. I don't know if there are any out there already, but I haven't come across any.

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by yadkny View Post
    I think I would like to see Cinderella rewritten. I don't know if there are any out there already, but I haven't come across any.
    I don't know if Cinderella has been done or not, but the fun thing about FAVOLA is that it has so many elements - Ali Baba, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel... traces of all of them.... I love the whole fairytale rewritten idea, so who knows maybe Cinderella will be next!

Thanks so much!!
    TBR: 1000+

Awards Showcase

I've read one that come close to Aladdin only instead of the girl being royalty, it was the guy. It was even set in the desert. Did you go into writing FAVOLA with traces of those fairytales in mind or did it just happen that way?

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by yadkny View Post
    I've read one that come close to Aladdin only instead of the girl being royalty, it was the guy. It was even set in the desert. Did you go into writing FAVOLA with traces of those fairytales in mind or did it just happen that way?
    At the end of FAVOLA we published the Wikipedia synopsis of the original Italian fairytale, Bella Venezia, upon which this is based - and if you read that, you'll see I used the original as a kind of template to map the story. The music for the trailer is a song called FAVOLA, as well - from a top Italian singer, who gave me permission to use the song snippet for the trailer. He approved it before it was uploaded. Favola is the Italian word for "fable" so it works beautifully.

Default Help

I have some how lost you on facebook. It will not allow me to find you at all. Please add me as a friend or let me know what happened.

Thanks, Dawn

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by dragonchaser View Post
    I have some how lost you on facebook. It will not allow me to find you at all. Please add me as a friend or let me know what happened.

Thanks, Dawn
    The bastards deactivated me for "misconduct" - all 6000 people gone.... I have no idea what to do..... I've been crying for the past two hours....

Cloud 9 So sorry

I am so sorry. I was crying and very upset myself. I thought that it was my fault. I was so glad to see you back on Facebook.

I did send my address to you but I was not sure if you got it since you were gone after I sent it. If you still want it please just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Denyse View Post
    The bastards deactivated me for "misconduct" - all 6000 people gone.... I have no idea what to do..... I've been crying for the past two hours....