Hey all! I'm Cat Johnson, the guest author for January's CoffeeWrite.

First a bit about the story--It's a straight contemporary romance but I deliberately did not give much background info on the characters or their lives because I want to see what you all come up with and where it goes. I did leave a very ominous statement at the end there. Have fun with that and come up with some good plot twists to throw at this couple. And invite your friends to join us! Readers, authors, aspiring authors--all are welcome.

Now, about me. Who am I? Well my official bio is at the top of the page but I can add this to it--I'm a working writer. What does that mean to me? It means that from the day I graduated college (literally), I began writing work-for-hire. That is, the publisher told me what to write, I wrote it, and then they paid me for it. Nowadays, most often the story ideas are mine. I write them on speculation, submit them and wait for the acceptance or rejection, but the work-for-hire experience comes in handy. Like when there is a call for a themed anthology or series, or a round robin such as this one, I can set my mind to work to a specific assignment that someone else has set the parameters for.

So now it's your turn to write and this time I'm in charge! Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to add one paragraph to the story I started. I believe you are each allowed to post once per day if you want, but you can pop in whenever you like too. I'll be posting again here and there as well.

REMEMBER post your story contribution paragraphs in the sticky thread named 'WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS..."

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Cat