Hi everyone!This is my first ever Coffee Write, so bear with me while I figure everything out.

First of all, thanks for having me! This sounds like a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. So without further ado, here's the blurb to get us all percolating:

Keith Gillette has always known things others haven't. A tragedy in his childhood led him to join the PsyCops, an elite group of men and women who use their unusual gifts to help the police track down the bad guys. A simple touch has led to more than one arrest, but his powers can't win him the one thing he desires most: the heart of his partner.

Detective Megan Handelvar once loved a monster. To save her sanity she encased her heart in ice, going from case to case with all the emotion of a robot. For years she thought she was safe... until Keith walked into the precinct, demanded she be his partner and started chipping away at her protections.

The monster already found him once, and she barely got Keith out alive. Now the monster is back, and Megan fears her rapidly thawing heart could lead to Keith's death.

Okay! Just so we're all clear on the rules (remember, I'm a total n00b to Coffee Write): No hard-core sex, go ahead and add secondary characters, and one I'd like to throw in: no third party in bed with the characters. I know, I know! But you see, the hero is a psychometrist: he gets visions off things he touches, and having sex with someone he doesn't care for (and sometimes someone he does) can be extremely uncomfortable as he has to, y'know, touch them.

For those who don't know what psychometry is, here's a little bit from the Wikipedia article on it:

Psychometry (from Greek: ψυχή, psukhē, "spirit, soul"; + μέτρον, metron, "measure"),[2] also known as token-object reading,[3] or psychoscopy,[4] is a form of extra-sensory perception characterized by the claimed ability to make relevant associations from an object of unknown history by making physical contact with that object.[5] Supporters assert that an object may have an energy field that transfers knowledge regarding that object's history.[6]
Psychometry is commonly offered at psychic fairs as a type of psychic reading.[7] At New Age events psychometry has claimed to help visitors "meet the dearly departed" (a form of spiritualism).[8] Although a subject of controversy,[9] psychics who use psychometry have been used by law enforcement as psychic detectives.[10][11]
I'm adding people to those objects of uncertain origin, just so you know. Unless Keith wears gloves he's susceptible to the visions, so have at!

P.S.: The first participant paragraph shouldn't be posted before February 4th, when I'll post the opening of our story.