Thread: Mud Cups?

Default Mud Cups?

Ok I have been trying to find this one, so I figured I would post here to see if anyone else knew what I was talking about. I had this treat once when I was a kid. The cups looked like dirt with gummy worms in it. Any idea how that whole thing actually works. I wanna try it for a birthday party.

Jax
    TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Talking

Was that chocolate pudding?
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

3. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

We called them dirt cups, but I know what you're talking aobut. It's chocolate pudding, crumbled cookies (usually Oreos or something of the like) and gummy worms to top. They are my son's favorite.
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.

I made these for a niece's birthday party once years ago.

I bought 2 dozen 4" terra cotta pots and put a small piece of parchment paper in the bottom to cover the hole. Filled them halfway with cake batter (from a box mix) and placed them on a large sheet pan to bake. I ran the pots through the dishwasher before using.

When they cooled I used a baggie to pipe some chocolate pudding on top then used crushed oreos as "dirt" to fill the pots (put them in the food processor, if you don't have one scrape the filling out, put them into a gallon ziploc and go to town with your rolling pin. Or buy chocolate cookies that are not filled. If you crush them by hand the filling will get everything greasy and white)

Use plenty of gummy worms and gummy bugs to decorate the top, I even found gummy banana slugs and candy ladybugs. I found little plastic spoons shaped like shovels. I placed a silk flower on a plastic stem in each pot and used puffy paint that comes in a squeeze bottle to write each child's name on their pot.

They were really cute and a big hit. Each child took their pot home to plant something in.
  5. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

That's cool Dewdrop. I never though about putting cake on the bottom. I'm going to have to try that out.
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.
    TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Talking

Ohhh...I am definately going to do that! What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing that!
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

Reading: Has lots to read and wonders if I can get them all read in the next year .... 100's haha
    TBR: 99999

Awards Showcase

Default That Is A Fantastic Idea

WORMS IN DIRT is the original idea with the cookies crushed up and the gummy bugs and worms in it .. you can also do it as an ice cream sundae .. as well as the cake Dewdrop did ... basically whatever you want to use cake, pudding or ice cream be sure you have the crushed cookie topping for the dirt .. you can also if not use cookies but put cocoa powder on top too ... for that real ground or dirt look in addition and all those candy bugs/worms .. yum kids will eat whatever you are feeding them fast... hmm wonders if you can make them eat something that is GOOD for them that way disguise it with the dirt and candy ... *laughs*

Lainey
    Lainey
    www.myspace.com/wolfhealers
    www.myspace.com/ember_lanes_lyrical_muse

THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES, ONLY REASONS WHY AND TIMING IS KEY