Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reading: Rex Stout's The Golden Spiders
    Just Finished Reading: Swimming Lessons by Dahlia DeWinters
    TBR: 6

Awards Showcase

Thanks,

That's the great thing about a WIP, you can change it around as much as necessary. Once I got to thinking about the plot, I couldn't put a new twist on the bank robbery, but caves...my imagination was working overtime.
    Glad you like the idea, I'll let you know when it's a reality.
    Reading: Wking on Black Waters
    TBR: 100+

Awards Showcase

Telly, that is awesome. I actually work on my Plot Book up to 6 months. That is a lot of time thinking, analysing, changing, and developing a full plot with the twists and turns your readers will enjoy. I like using a small notebook because I can carry it around with me when I have an idea while driving, sitting at a red light, or just about anywhere.

I can't think of any books involving a cave; its a unique location for a scene or scenes in your book. Very nice job! Have a wonderful day, and I know it will be a reality, I believe in you! Linn
    Linn Random
    www.LinnRandom.com

Top Selling Author - Mystery, Suspense, Intrigue
    Pirates in Paradise, Lights, Camera. Murder!
    Your Cheatin Hearts, Haunted Hearts,
    Driving Book Sales - E-Books, Kindle, Print
    Visit www.LinnRandom.com

Awards Showcase

Yeah

I just read Wilbur Smith's Gold Mine, Telly. I skimmed most of Ch 1 because it read like a geology lecture, but the beginning of chapter 2 hooked me with a mine explosion. I was rivetted after that to see how the mine manager handled it. His life became important to me and it felt as if he led the author on unexpected tangents. So like you said, Linn, this character must have been given free rein. Real characters take on a life of their own. They are the best ones to read.

That's probably why my villain is more entertaining for me than my heroine. I'm controlling the heroine keeping her on the edge of the story, while the villain is allowed to get away with murder. It's amazing what you discover when you have someone to listen. Thanks for the opportunity to talk it out.
    Rusty

Awards Showcase

I agree brainstorming is a great help for authors does help and you always have an open forum to reach out to me. I'm excited about your book, Rusty. Have you checked out any "caving videos" on u-tube.

In my work in progress, I learned how to eat a crawfish and dance cajun style on u-tube!

I watched a movie recently "The Killer Inside Me" starring Casey Alfeck, (I think he is a very good actor and was also in Gone Baby Gone)...thought of you as the lead character was a real killer.

PS A little side story about me and my bst Friend, Diane Spatzneagle We were having lunch a crowded restaurant, we were both discussing plot problems. Hers was about a guy who was having an affair and mine involved what else murder. About halfway through lunch we noticed the entire restaurant had stopped talking and were listening to our grisly plot problems in absolute horror. LOL, I told everyone we were writers and while they went back to their lunches, they kept a mindful eye on the two of us.

Glad to provide an open forum for you to express yourself, remember it was you and your characters who made this switch.......can't wait to hear more about your novel, Rusty.

Keep ongoing, you've got a winner! Linn
    Linn Random
    www.LinnRandom.com

Visit www.LinnRandom.com

Awards Showcase

Linn,
    The underground mine plot is Telly 432's. I just got excited for Telly because I think it has real potential.

Thanks for letting me know about the lead character being the villain. I'll seek out that movie.

It does seem to be the best way for my story to proceed. I could trap my heroine in an underwater cave when she is swimming with the dolphins, but there again, she'll still be outside of the villain's story. Although, that could work towards the end.

i even toyed with the idea of writing the story in 1st person where the 'I' character turns out to be the killer but that was too complicated and made me uncomfortable.
    Rusty
    Reading: Superstition's Desire by Lisa Campbell
    Just Finished Reading: The Conqueror by Kris Kennedy

Awards Showcase

Now that's a funny story, Linn.
    Julie

Awards Showcase

Thanks Julie........and its 100% true.

However my favorite story is a book I was reading for my current work in progress. And its another true story.

I've learned people including the waitress will stay away from you if you are reading a book call "Voodoo for Dummies"

Thanks for responding!! Hugs, Linn
    Linn Random
    www.LinnRandom.com

Visit www.LinnRandom.com
    Reading: Superstition's Desire by Lisa Campbell
    Just Finished Reading: The Conqueror by Kris Kennedy

Awards Showcase

You're a hoot, Linn!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12