Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Reading: PI Barrington
    Just Finished Reading: Echoes the Drum
    TBR: 5

Awards Showcase

Default Good Afternoon

Hi Sweeties and Guests,

I hope everyone is having a lover-ly afternoon. It's great to find all these deals at Smashwords this week and find out about new books.

This month I've been busy editing for the two e-pubbers I work for but I have enjoyed visiting with everyone on Facebook and on The Sweetest Romance Authors yahoo list.

Last month I found out my January release, THE PRIVATEER, was a best seller so that was blessed surprise. This month I'm selling my environmental romance, TURTLE SOUP, at Smashwords for 75% off. Steals and deals all over the place!

My two next books to purchase? Besides some shorts I am downloading today, I plan to read LOYALTY'S WEB by Joyce DiPastena and LAB PARTNERS by Larry Hammersly. I also hope to pick up an EA West book this spring. So many books, so little time!

Have a great day!
    Danielle Thorne
    Danielle Thorne
    www.daniellethorne.com

Awards Showcase

Default Hi and Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Pallotta View Post
    It's been great chatting. Duties are calling me. See you next time.

Looks like everyone's off for errands. Have a great day, Gail. Sorry I missed you at the chat early today. Good luck!
    Danielle Thorne
    www.daniellethorne.com
    Reading: Eugenia Price's "Bright Captivity"
    Just Finished Reading: Gosh! I can't remember. Been on "Bright Captivity" forever, it seems.
    TBR: 4

Awards Showcase

JONQUILS IN THE SNOW http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9341/ FREE Download until March 12, 2011!! Take advantage of this offer.

Excerpt:

Miranda sighed before returning her gaze to the man working in her yard. He pulled off his thick gloves to blow on his hands, rubbing them together.

He must be freezing! Where are my manners? According to the weatherman, the temps weren't expected to rise above 28 degrees. Mr. Brady could use a cup of coffee or hot cocoa right now.

She flew to the bathroom, brushed her shoulder-length chestnut hair, then applied a touch of blush and mascara. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and stepped cautiously onto the icy porch.

What am I doing? For all I know this guy could be Jack The Ripper. Somehow, she didn't think so, and prided herself on being an exceptional judge of character.

Oh, yeah? What about Rick? her conscience screamed. Miranda told it to shut up and waited for Mr. Brady to heave a huge limb onto the back of his truck. "Mr. Bra-dy! Come inside and warm up!"

He tramped through the snow toward the porch, gripping the handrail before placing a boot on each slippery step. Once on the porch, he leaned against the wall to remove his insulated rubber boots. "I don't want to track up your floor," he explained.

When they reached the kitchen, he pulled off his toboggan to reveal thick golden hair that curled over his collar. He caught Miranda staring and smiled, but she recognized pain in the depths of those honey-colored eyes. Had he been jilted, too?

Shut up, Miranda! This man could be married with children, for all you know. She held her breathe whil he pulled of his left glove.

Nope. No ring. Her heart soared. But, why had she allowed her thoughts to stray there? Had she forgotten her "Never again," vow?

"Coffee or hot cocoa? I make a mean cup of cocoa. My grandmother's secret recipe."

When he smiled, his face lit up. "Hot cocoa. So, what's in this recipe?"

"Can't tell," she grinned impishly. "It's a secret. If I told you, then..." she sighed, "...I'd have to kill you."

The man threw his head back and laughed. "Then I'll let you keep your little secret."

Their eyes met. An awkward moment followed. Miranda tried to think of something clever to say to break the spell. Riley sauntered in, sat down on his haunches and whimpered. The Yellow Lab offered a paw to their guest. He reached down to knuckle the dog's head and accept the proffered paw.

"How is the cleanup coming along?" Miranda asked.

Her guest took a deep breath. "It's down to around twenty-five percent now--the ones without electricity. By next week all Piketon residents should have their current back on."

"I'm sure that will be a relief. Mine was off a week. That was too long."

Miranda pulled out a saucepan and reached inside the fridge for the milk. When she rummaged through the cabinet, the man quirked an eyebrow. "Should I turn my back? Wouldn't want to see anything that would endanger my life."

Miranda giggled. "Might be a good idea." She felt like a silly school girl. When he turned his back, she pulled the ingredients from the cabinet. "I'll let you know when you can look." She poured in a dab of warm water, scooped in cocoa, and stirred in the milk before dashing in another ingredient. After slipping it back inside the cabinet, she said, "Okay, it's safe to turn around."

He breathed a mock sigh of relief. "Thanks. Where can I wash up?"

Miranda couldn't remember if she'd left her sunflower-speckled pajamas on the bathroom floor. Just in case..."You can wash up there, at the kitchen sink, if you don't mind honey-suckle scented soap."

His sparkling eyes crinkled when he smiled. "Hey, as long as it works."

Stirring the sweet concoction over the heat, a delicious aroma floated through the air. Her secret ingredient. Had the delectable scent reached him? She glanced toward the sink. His focus appeared to be on lathering his large hands.

......Mm-mmm that was delicious. I'd better get back to work....He rose and turned to leave.

"Mr. Brady, you forgot this." She offered him his discarded toboggan.

"Thanks." He stopped, then turned to face her. "Guess I should have introduced myself. Brady is my first name. It's Brady Watson."

.....She followed him to the door.

......He descended the icy steps and threw up a hand. "Thanks for the cocoa." He clucked his tongue. "But--I figured out the secret ingredient."

"Better watch your back!" Miranda formed a snowball from the layer on the porch railing and threw it. The snowball struck him between the shoulder blades. He whirled around to point a finger in mock-warning. She giggled. She'd laughed more today than since Rick deserted her.

For the rest of the story, download using coupon code on Smashwords site.

Awards Showcase

Default Great Excerpt

Hi Sweeties,

I enjoyed the excerpt from Jonquils today and I downloaded it from Smashwords for future reading.

Making some stew in the crockpot tonight. It's gotten cold and rainy outside. Brr!

Today I finished a first round edit on a beautiful Inspirational that will come out soon from Desert Breeze. I love working with their sweet romance writers.

Haven't seen Ms. Regina Andrews around today but I know her new Inspie Romance, THE LIGHT OF THE HEART is out now...it's really good, I recommend!

If anyone else is around tonight, just holler!
    Danielle Thorne
    www.daniellethorne.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456