1) Put in large bowl
2 cups boiling water
1 cup rolled oats (quick oats or regular but NOT instant)
Stir thoroughly and let stand 1 hour to make "porridge" and to cool.
2) Add and stir:
1/2 cup molasses (she said "fancy" is best)
2 tsp salt
1 TBS soft margarine or butter
1/2 cup water
1 TBS instant yeast
3) Stir In
2 cups flour
4) Add I cup flour and stir well again
5) Put one cup of flour on the counter/board and
place dough on top of the flour. Knead well til
it is almost all incorporated.
6) Put the dough back in the bowl and cover with
clean cloth and let rise til double - aprox 1 1/2
7) Punch down. Form into loaves and place into
2 greased pans.
Let rise til double - aprox 1 1/2 hours.
9) Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about
35 minutes. This is a soft bread so thumping
for the hollow sound most likely won't work -
35 min is about right depending on your oven.
This will make 2 or 3 loaves of bread.
Hope you enjoy it!