TBR: 41

Awards Showcase

Smile Holmfirth Artweek 2007

Well one of the major art festivals is over and done with at least for this year. Holmfirth Artweek takes place in a small village renowned for it's artists and placment in the Yorkshire Dales. It is famous for being the place that Last of the Summer Wine is filmed in and tourists from all over the world flood in every year just to see the place. I don't live that far away and this year for the first time I got selected to show some of my artwork in the artweek. I took two pieces in and 20 cards, the pieces didn't sell but I had some great feedback. If people would like more information on the artweek and the charity you can find it here: http://www.lingua-uk.com/holmfirth/

To my joy all the cards sold, if I'm accepted back next year I will take much more but for now its time to concentrate on the next large festival which is the GLBT picnic to be held on the 29th June.
    Last edited by Nicole Gestalt; July 7th, 2007 at 10:18 PM.
    TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Talking

That is wonderful Nicole!
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

Awards Showcase

Thanks

You can see the Pink Picnic that we'll be at next here: www.thepinkpicnic.com

This artweek sounds like loads of fun. Having participated and organized a huge art contest for our local kids, I know how much work goes into this endeavor and ours was very small compared to what this looks like. Kudos to you.

On a side note; I posted my Wednesday blog and put in a plug for others to visit your blog. Thanks for posting to the forum.

Awards Showcase

Ciara,

The Holmfirth Artweek is a huge thing and seems to get bigger each year. Although this year was the first year that I had any work featured it amazed me at how smoothly everything ran.

Thanks for the post on your journal by the way and the link. I was looking through your site the other day and I just love your artwork.
    Sun,Sea & Seduction my second lesbian anthology is now available!

Also now available: Coming Together: Through the Storm

Come and say Hi at my online journal

I just love the internet. I've connected with so many neat individuals. I plan to keep checking in and see what you're up to now and then, so keep attending those art shows. LOL. I just got through shopping for art supplies today because one of my students won a gift certificate that he didn't want. So - he donated it to me. I was like a kid in a candy store. Now to make time to do art when I've got deadlines looming. Ah well.