Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Kayelle,

The quotes are the names of the magazines where my work can be seen.

I had to pull something together a few hours after posting this bio here for a magazine requesting my bio. And I came up with the following. (the limit was 100 words) I think it has a better punch than the original one I posted.

Cher Green, intrigued by the written word, has made it a life goal to bring her stories to life and share them with others. Inspired by such writers as Stephen King, V. Cv. Andrews, and Dean Koontz, she strives to touch the lives of her readers with her stories. After years of learning the craft, she writes in many genres, spanning from horror, suspense, and romance. Her romance novella, Escape to Love, debuted in June of 2011. Cher Green also has a variety of short stories published with various magazines. For more information about this writer visit: http://chergreen.com
    Reading: Something erotic, vampirish, or a book with a guy in a kilt on the cover
    Just Finished Reading: A hot book! What else?
    TBR: GOBS

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Cher Green View Post
    Kayelle,

The quotes are the names of the magazines where my work can be seen.

I had to pull something together a few hours after posting this bio here for a magazine requesting my bio. And I came up with the following. (the limit was 100 words) I think it has a better punch than the original one I posted.

Cher Green, intrigued by the written word, has made it a life goal to bring her stories to life and share them with others. Inspired by such writers as Stephen King, V. Cv. Andrews, and Dean Koontz, she strives to touch the lives of her readers with her stories. After years of learning the craft, she writes in many genres, spanning from horror, suspense, and romance. Her romance novella, Escape to Love, debuted in June of 2011. Cher Green also has a variety of short stories published with various magazines. For more information about this writer visit: http://chergreen.com

I agree. Much stronger! In a different bio, you could use the names of the magazines and make it clearer by mentioning your work appeared in the magazines x,y,z. They are clever titles, that's certain.

You might consider rewording your first sentence to eliminate one life. I highlighted the two in red to help you see them. "...life goal to bring her stories to life..."

Btw, is that supposed to be V.C. Andrews?

Amazing how requests for a bio can pop out of the woodwork. I needed a new one this week for a convention where I'll be a panelist this fall.
    Kayelle Allen

Want the inside secrets? Read the Romance Lives Forever News
    The Author's Secret: eBook conversions, banners, and premade book covers
    Newest Books
    Keeper of My Pleasure Contemporary BDSM Romance
    Forbid My Heart: A Luc and Rah Story A Tarthian Empire Saga
    Follow me on
    Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Goodreads / Shelfari

Kayelle,

Thanks for the critique. Woops! yes, it's supposed to be V. C. Andrews.
    Reading: Something erotic, vampirish, or a book with a guy in a kilt on the cover
    Just Finished Reading: A hot book! What else?
    TBR: GOBS

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Cher Green View Post
    Kayelle,

Thanks for the critique. Woops! yes, it's supposed to be V. C. Andrews.
    Typos are a the bane of an author's existence, and we make some doozies! I once submitted a short bio where I called myself other Kayelle Allen instead of author. Spell check liked it just fine.
    Kayelle Allen

Want the inside secrets? Read the Romance Lives Forever News
    The Author's Secret: eBook conversions, banners, and premade book covers
    Newest Books
    Keeper of My Pleasure Contemporary BDSM Romance
    Forbid My Heart: A Luc and Rah Story A Tarthian Empire Saga
    Follow me on
    Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Goodreads / Shelfari
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123