TBR: 0

Awards Showcase

Default Mr. Darcy, Lost In Austen and A Secret Desire

Taken from my blog:

Before I started A Secret Desire I had a clear image of the hero. Tall, dark, aloof and kind of grumpy. As soon as I saw the BBC's TV series Lost In Austen, I knew I had the right image of Leo, Lord Warhurst. I don't always need actual actors or models as inspiration for my characters. In fact, I find it impedes my own creativity instead of helping it because I start to think of my character as being like the character they portrayed in a movie, or perhaps how I perceive the actor to be in real life based on trashy magazine articles. Not that I read trashy magazines. (Cough).

I knew nothing about the actor who played Darcy in Lost In Austen and I didn't want to. The way he portrayed Darcy in the show was exactly how I wanted him to be in A Secret Desire. From time to time I referred back to the images I downloaded of him to help keep me on track, or help with a certain description. It worked.

So you want to know who I'm talking about? Here's some images, including THAT lake scene.

But my heroine in A Secret Desire is nothing like the Lost In Austen heroine. Straight away I knew mine was a Cate Blanchett double. Willowy, clever, no-nonsense and able to change her appearance so she can either be plain or beautiful.

If you've read A Secret Desire, I'd love to know if you agree with my choice of inspiration. If you've watched Lost In Austen, I'd love to know your thoughts on the show and the choice of actor.
    http://cjarcher.com
    Lord Hawkesbury's Players - a romp through Shakespeare's London.
    Emily Chambers Spirit Medium trilogy - nothing's simple when a live girl and a dead boy fall in love.
    The Witchblade Chronicles - paranormal historical romance.
    Surrender - Only one woman can save Alex from himself.
    TBR: 100+

Awards Showcase

Sounds very intriguing!
    TBR: 0

Awards Showcase

Thanks Carolyn.
    http://cjarcher.com
    Lord Hawkesbury's Players - a romp through Shakespeare's London.
    Emily Chambers Spirit Medium trilogy - nothing's simple when a live girl and a dead boy fall in love.
    The Witchblade Chronicles - paranormal historical romance.
    Surrender - Only one woman can save Alex from himself.