I'm glad to have you all with me over the next month. We're going to have some fun learning how to create yummy male characters who literraly pop off the pages and into our heads *snicker*
What you’ll learn from this class
A few extras
- Male Archetypes and how they affect our characters
- How (il)logical men think and why they act the way they do
- How to take any male character from any movie/story and modify him to fit your story
- How to get your man to express his true “self”
- The Male Cycle of Emotions and how it compares to the female cycle of emotions
- A man’s journey in life
Using character creations sheets (don’t groan!) that have all the relevant information you’ll need, you’ll be able to craft male characters that are just as deep as your female characters. Getting inside the heads of your male characters is the most important aspect of “how to write” them.
I’ll be posting a few files in word *.rtf format for ease of use on any platform. If you have questions, are having trouble or just need clarification, feel free to ask.
This is a learning environment and I’m happy to help you.
So I know who my class is, I’d like to hear a short hello from all of you. Let’s start off by sharing some misconceptions we have about writing from the male point of view!