Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Background

Hybrid View

Reading: Highland Hellcat by Mary Wine
    Just Finished Reading: Never A Bride by Amelia Grey

Awards Showcase

Post Background

Ok, it's time to start talking about my Gypsy Legacy Series. The series is about two sisters and a brother - great-grandchildren of a gypsy shuvani, Nona.

Book 1 - Gypsy Legacy: The Marquis
    Book 2 - Gypsy Legacy: The Duke
    Book 3 - Gypsy Legacy: The Earl

And a fourth book written about the brother of the hero in The Duke, which is not part of the Gypsy Series - Family Scandals.

Stay tuned.
    Denise Patrick
    Heaven begins with an HEA. . .

Blog Website

Awards Showcase

Dateline: France, June 16, 1780

Announcement: Romany Chief Giordio and his wife, Clara, announce the birth of a daughter. She will be called Nona.

Dateline: France, June 1790

Now ten years of age, Nona is showing wisdom beyond her years. She is bright, and gifted in the reading of the cards. Her latest reading has revealed that France is headed for upheaval. Giordio and Clara, along with their small band, have decided to go to England.
    Stay tuned for more. . .
    Denise Patrick

Blog Website

3. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

Ooooh Denise, this series sounds very interesting. I can't wait to hear more about it.
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.

Awards Showcase

May 1797 - Despite being "wise beyond her years" Nona is still a teenager. At 16, she has a mind of her own and rebels against the strictures put upon her. Of course, it has gotten her into trouble and now she's pregnant - by a gaujo, no less.

December 1797 - Nona gives birth to a girl and names her Shana. The small band has long since left the area where she was conceived so the father need not know of her existence.
    Denise Patrick

Blog Website

Awards Showcase

January 1808 - Shana just turned 10 last month, but she is a moody child. One day she is happy and loving, the next day she says she does not like being a Rom and wants to know who her father is. Nona has consulted the cards and told her that the band will visit the area where her father lives soon.
    Denise Patrick

Blog Website

Awards Showcase

June 1809 - Our small band has lost its leader. Giordio, Shana's beloved grandfather has left us. He named Nona as the next shuvani before his death. Michel was not happy and has left to seek his own path. We wish him and his family well. The weather has not been good for traveling until now, so we will venture north again.
    Denise Patrick

Blog Website

Reading: Lady Chatterly's Lover
    TBR: 100+

Awards Showcase

Great premise! Gypsies are so fastinating!
    "If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine Aird"
    visit me at

http://tarasnichols.webs.com

http://tarasnichols.blogspot.com/

http://blog.myspace.com/tarasnichols

Awards Showcase

Xwriter

August 1853

My children have returned from another summer with their great-grandmother. We had to insist that Jon go in June, or he would have stayed home. It turns out he was needed as Felicia made a new friend and it was Jon who appointed himself their guardian and keeper - a task he complains about good-naturedly when he wants some sympathy.

Felicia misses her little friend, Katie. She, apparently, was the child of a well-to-do family in the Lake District as Jon says her speech and mannerisms equaled Felicia's. Nona apparently took a special interest in Katie, so he was satisfied that she was an acceptable playmate for Felicia. He has told Nathan that he was sure her mother was having an affair with one of the other men in the gypsy band.

One wonders what will happen to her without Felicia to play with, but I suppose that she did fine before Felicia came along, so will probably be just fine now that Felicia is gone. Still, it would have been nice to know who she was as Felicia is often a little lonely at home.
    Last edited by denisepatrick; August 12th, 2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Had to change the date - can't believe I missed that!
    Denise Patrick

Blog Website

Awards Showcase

September 1853

Aaron has a new friend I do not like. I suppose he's not really new, as he and Aaron have been friends for about a year, but this Roderick Milton makes me leery for reasons I just don't understand. Nona would tell me to go with my instinct on this.

I'm thankful they do not come to Thane Park very often, but remain at Collingswood. When they do come, I often feel as if Mr. Milton is watching both me and my children with a bit of the disdain. I suspect Aaron has been indiscreet and told him that my grandmother is a gypsy.
    Last edited by denisepatrick; August 12th, 2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: mistake in the date
    Denise Patrick

Blog Website

Awards Showcase

May 1855

Tina has been acting strangely since Nathan's birthday in April. I thought she was happy to see Aaron, but she seems withdrawn, almost shy, with him. She's never done so before. I wonder if, now that she's 16, she's beginning to look upon him in a different way because of the betrothal. He's a fine looking young man and I'm sure has many women interested in him.

On the other hand, Felicia has always worshiped her older brother, but now does not seem to be inclined to even be in the same room with him. I wonder if Aaron has done something to either or both of them.

Or, perhaps it is his companion, for even I do not like Mr. Milton. It is unsettling to be in the same room with him as I can feel his hostility. Moreso because Aaron has talked Nathan into hiring Milton as his new steward. Milton has obviously run an estate before because Nathan was impressed with his knowledge and abilities when they spoke. Regardless, I still am uneasy in his presence.
    Denise Patrick

Blog Website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast