"Excuse me Ms. Lewis, did you say something?"

Her feet left the ground as Mr. Seller's voice was heard behind her. "Oh, no. I was just talking to myself."

Laughing under his breath, he said, "That's fine as long as you don't answer yourself."

Lucretia's face morphed into a grimace.

"Now before I leave, have you made any decisions? Do you still want to try and sell the house?"

Lucretia worried her lip. The sound of Devon's voice still echoed loudly in her mind. "I believe I need to think about it and get back with you."

Papers were shoved into his briefcase, thrusting his hand forward they shook hands and Mr. Sellers left.

On the sidewalk, she stood. Wind whipped around her legs lifting the fabric of her skirt. Behind her loomed the empty, hulk of the ancient home. The historical value alone could have brought in a fortune, if there weren't so many rules to selling the place.

You can't sell.

"Devon?"

Please love, walk inside the house and talk to me. We can't have others thinking you've lost your mind, now can we?

Lucretia shifted her gaze around the quite neighborhood. A pent up breath was released with relief, no one was watching her mental breakdown.

Following the voices in her head, she walked back to the house. One foot resting on the first step, a ringing noise interrupted.

Cell phone in hand, she answered. "Hello?"

"Ms. Lewis, you'll never believe it! I just got a call from someone who is willing to buy your house."

"Oh..."

What in the world was she going to do now?