Tell us a little about what inspired you to write?

I tried writing a story when I was thirteen. It was rubbish but I like the idea of telling my own story and having readers interested in the plot. So fifty years after deciding I wanted to be an author, and ten years after I first submitted anything Solstice Publishing offered me a contract to publish A Fateful Legacy in 2010. They published another novel and a novella later that year.

Do you have a favorite character you have written?

Yes, his name is Phillip and he is a marine on a fighting galley set well back in the era before the Greeks or Romans dominated the Mediterranean Sea.

It's a historical action story which has turned into a trilogy over the years. It's grown so big that I'm concerned it's losing accuracy and becoming repetitive so have never submitted it to any agent or publisher.

When ever I get bored with what I'm working on I take it out and tweak bits and pieces of it. I find writing absorbing and relaxing so playing with my trilogy can keep me engrossed for hours.

What are you currently working on?
A story in which a man's mother dies and leaves him her house on cliffs above the Pacific Ocean. He hasn't seen
her since he was a child and his parents divorced. When he goes to settle her affairs he finds out that she was a witch, and was the senior in a coven. The coven approach him to join them telling him they are a gentle
peaceful movement but he soon has suspicions that they have evil intentions.

How do your family/friends feel about your writing?

They are supportive though only a few have read any of my stories. My older sister reads all my stuff before I submit it. Being an older sister she has not trouble telling me if she thinks I have it wrong.

Where do you hope to be in five years?

More books published and greater commercial success with those that are. Even if I don't I will continue to write, it's my favorite hobby.

Do you have any advice for new or aspiring author?

Don't be like me and wait until you are in your fifties before you try submitting. The worst that can happen is that you get rejected.

Also if you think you have found what authors call 'Your voice' then stick with it and don't make massive changes. This may mean rejections but you will have greater satisfaction in your finished product.

What's the most important skill that an author should have?

Imagination. A plot and characters that capture the reader's interest are paramount. It needn't be complicated, just leave the reader anxious for the fate of the main characters and never sure what will happen next. Even a
non-fiction writer needs to consider if their book is 'readable' I like military history books but some are just lists of dates and events while other authors try and capture what it was like on an important day in
history.

Where can readers find your books?

Solstice Publishing are my publishers for eBooks and paperback versions.
They can be found at http://www.solsticepublishing.com/

Also the books are available through:

Amazon
Smashwords
Bookstrand
All Romance Ebooks
Coffeetime Romance
Fictionwise
Barnes and Noble

My web site is: http://www.peterglassborow.webs.com/