1) When did you first realize you wanted to become a writer?

My mother remembers me telling her that I wanted to be a writer when I was seven years old.

2) When did you write your first book and how old were you?

I started my first novel when I was seventeen. I finished my first novel when I was 20.

3) How many books have you written? Which one is your favorite?

15 Novels. A Month of Sundays, a mystery due out in October 2011 with Whimsical Productions, is my favorite.

I have also had published eleven textbooks.

4) What is your work schedule like when you’re writing?
I have to write when my children are at school, so ideally I’m able to get writing done then and after they go to bed.

5) What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I use lots of different ways to motivate myself – classes, writing craft books, sketching out scenes and then layering them. I write longhand first and then type a scene into the computer.

6) Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
They come from all different places – they could be a place like Dumbarton Oaks in D.C. (Time Witch), an experience (like working at the Austin Police Department), a class (I’m taking a Steampunk course right now).

7) What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

Exercise, reading, hiking

8) What do you think makes a good story?
I like mysteries, so a good story means that there is an unexpected ending.

9) Do you have any suggestions to help someone become a better writer?
It sounds simplistic, but you have to be willing to write – a lot – and take feedback.

Bio:
Jacqueline Corcoran was born to Irish and Welsh parents in England. Influenced by the Celtic tradition of storytelling, witches, trolls, and winged horses inhabit her middle-grade fantasy. She has lived in the U.S. for most of her life – in California, Michigan, Texas, and now in Alexandria, Virginia.

She holds a Ph.D. in social work and has been a member of the faculty at the Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond since 2000. Before that, she was on faculty at the University of Texas at Arlington School of Social Work for four years. She has published numerous professional academic articles and eleven books in her field. Although Jacqueline has been writing novels for over 28 years, Time Witch is her first published novel.

Find the book at:
http://www.solsticepublishing.com/products/Time-Witch%252d%252d%252dPDF-EBOOK.html

http://www.amazon.com/Time-Witch-ebook/dp/B004PGN520/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1320415016&sr=1-1