Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Reading: The Hero's Journey; Mythic Structure for Writers by Chrisopher Vogler
    TBR: fifty

Awards Showcase

Default Forum Event May 12-19: Savor All the Flavors of Romance

May 12 will be the kick off of a new year of writing, starting with my appearance at Connecticut Fiction Fest at the Heritage Hotel in Southbury from 4-5:30. Fellow Eternal Press author April Grey (Chasing the Trickster) and I will be signing our books, and giving out goodies to ebook customers (no matter where you bought them).
    I’ll have print copies of Hot Chocolate Kiss and The Journey available for purchase, and some sweet treats, too. If you’re in the area, please stop by to say hello. If there is one thing that keeps an author going it’s chatting it up with their fans.

TheJourney_200x300_72dpi.jpgHotChocolateKiss_hires.jpg

The celebration continues right here through May 19 for those of you who can’t make it to Connecticut. Andrew Richardson, whose erotic short “The Shoot” and Celtic fantasy novel The Doe and The Dragon are on my must read list, will be joining me.

artclass200x300.jpgShoot Small.JPG

Award winning author Alice Gaines, who writes about nice people having outrageous sex will also be stopping by. I describe her novel Miss Foster's Folly as Victorian hysterical.

ToTouchAWoman.jpg

We’ll talk about our latest projects, answer your questions, chat. Besides excerpts and previews, we’ll be giving away a prize a day. Hope to see all of you here. Tell your friends!

Hello Gianna and everyone else; I'm looking forward to it!

Andrew Richardson

Default I'm here

Love what you've done with the place.

"Nice people having outrageous sex"
    http://www.alicegaines.blogspot.com
    authoralicegaines@yahoo.com

Awards Showcase

Default Good Morning, All

Most of you are probably fast asleep, but I'm on my way to Fiction Fest. Anyone near Southbury Connecticut? If so, please stop by my table at the Heritage Hotel between 4-5:30 to say high. There will be lots of romance authors there, and I'll be with April Grey also of Eternal Press.

Anyway, I'll check in here when I get a chance.

Andrew, Alice, in the meantime tell us what your latest projects are. I know you both have new releases coming out.

See ya later!

http://www.amazon.com/Brief-Encounter-ebook/dp/B008239R6A/ref=zg_bs_157057011_17

I'm hugely excited. My free short story, Brief Encounter, is currently #17 in the Kindle Store, Fiction, Erotica category. It's an introduction to my series of erotic romance novellas that will be out this summer from Avon Impulse. The serie is Cabin Fever, and the first novella, Heat Rises will be out in June.

Alice

Quote Originally Posted by GiannaBruno View Post
    Most of you are probably fast asleep, but I'm on my way to Fiction Fest. Anyone near Southbury Connecticut? If so, please stop by my table at the Heritage Hotel between 4-5:30 to say high. There will be lots of romance authors there, and I'll be with April Grey also of Eternal Press.

Anyway, I'll check in here when I get a chance.

Andrew, Alice, in the meantime tell us what your latest projects are. I know you both have new releases coming out.

See ya later!

You're up early, Gianna. I hope you have a great day, and if the Atlantic wasn't in the way I'd drop by.

As for my latest projects, I've got an erotic novelette, 'Art Class' due out sometime soon, from Keith Publications. A date hasn't been fixed yet. It's about a shy exhibitionist who to her surprise finds herself posing as an artist's model, and was great fun to write.

I've also got a horror novella coming out at some time in the future, about a young woman who wakes up at the bottom of a dried-up well.

At the moment I'm working on a historical fantasy based on a Welsh legend, but it's proving tough going

Awards Showcase

Xwriter

What's harder about this for you, Andrew? Is it that it's outside your usual genre- more historical as opposed to supernatural horror? Or more research?

Writing the urban fantasy novel has been a real challenge--both the length and amount of field research I needed to do. It has elements of romantic suspense, which I've never written. Much different than the paranormal romance and the erotica. Plus a lot longer.

So Fiction Fest is going well except I am tired...... Was up late getting my agent pitches ready and up with the roosters this morning for the drive. April Grey rode up with me and we had a nice chat to pass the time.

More later......
    At the moment I'm working on a historical fantasy based on a Welsh legend, but it's proving tough going [/QUOTE]

I think the problem is that I'm retelling a story which I've never done before. I'm finding the framework is a bit more if a straightjacket than I was expecting, and I've been surprised at how difficult I've found it to squeeze my story into the established one. I've also realised I'm not certain what the theme should be - love? Power? etc...

The story is one I love, so I was expecting to really enjoy writing it. Instead it's become hard work.

Awards Showcase

So, I guess that's the best way to offer up the prize of the day. How many readers like it when authors "blend flavors?" In other words, write stories that are different than what they've written before or are cross genre, mixing lots of different elements?

Andrew write Celtic horror, erotica, LGBT and women's fiction. Gianna writes paranormal, often historically based, and is now coming back to the real world with a contemporary erotic story.

We'll choose one reader who responds and s/he can take her pick of one of our cross genre ebooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Richardson View Post
    I think the problem is that I'm retelling a story which I've never done before. I'm finding the framework is a bit more if a straightjacket than I was expecting, and I've been surprised at how difficult I've found it to squeeze my story into the established one. I've also realised I'm not certain what the theme should be - love? Power? etc...

The story is one I love, so I was expecting to really enjoy writing it. Instead it's become hard work.

I really love urban fantasy. I have also recently discovered Jenna Maclaine who blends paranormal and historical so well! I like it when authors mix genres, because I am introduced to genres I didn't even know I would enjoy, until I get into it. Mixed genre books help me expand my reading experiences and preferences.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast