Hybrid View

Default Twitter and Networking on Socical Communities

Hi Cassandra,

In your bio, it says that you like hanging out on Twitter. How did you use Twitter to launch your book Caught? Do you use other social networking sites as well? Have they been helpful?
    Reading: Historical romance, taking a break from erotic romance
    TBR: 200

Awards Showcase

Default Social Networking sites

Hi Susan!

Wait, people are reading my bio?!? (JK)

Yes, I do like to hang out on Twitter. For each of my books, I schedule Tweets every few hours for the first couple of days to announce a release. I don't tend to do a ton of promotion on either Twitter or Facebook, though my Facebook interactions lean more toward promotion because I find it a total time-suck. The same could be said for Twitter, but I manage my time on there. Plus, it's very social/interactive, so I get a lot of support from fellow writers, editors, etc.

Social networking sites can be helpful, but they shouldn't be the sole focus of your promotional efforts. I do a LOT of promo, but as far as I've heard it's not obnoxious because I spread out where I'm doing it - Twitter, Facebook, my blog, guest blogs, chats, giveaways, blog hops, etc.

Does that answer your question?
    Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by susan_frances View Post
    Hi Cassandra,

In your bio, it says that you like hanging out on Twitter. How did you use Twitter to launch your book Caught? Do you use other social networking sites as well? Have they been helpful?