Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Once Upon A Time (an interractive story)

Once upon a time....

Kelly wandered down the dusty road leading to her farmhouse. Sighing heavily, she eyed the dilapidated structure...
    J. Ellen Smith
    Publisher/Managing Editor
    www.champagnebooks.com
    www.carnalpassions.com
    Reading: Crazy for the Cowboy and The Delight Makers
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

Kelly shifted the two paper bags of groceries on each hip a little higher praying they didn't break and spill all along the road. Ted had promised he'd at least fix the steps today but...
    Forever Faithful, Investment of the Heart, When the Ocotillo Bloom, A Way Back, Born in Ice 12/2011Champagne Books.
    My Heart Will Find Yours, Flames on the Sky, A Law of Her Own, Desires of the Heart, A Marshal of Her Own 11/2011, A Love of His Own 2012 The Wild Rose Press.
    www.lindalaroque.com
    Reading: Destiny's Road by Larry Niven
    Just Finished Reading: Dark of Night by Susanne Brockmann
    TBR: dozen
    From October through March--The Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. From April through September, in BC

Awards Showcase

Hell, maybe he should have showered and shaved. Maybe cutting his hair wasn't enough. Little did Kelly know, though, those damned porcelain figurines she so loved and had sold to pay down the Visa bill were fakes. He'd sold the originals six months ago to pay his bookie. They'd be coming back to her, probably in shattered little bits, from the eBid purchaser. Oh, boy. This was gonna get a lot worse before long.
    Just Finished Reading: Once upon a time...

Awards Showcase

Looked iike his down-home-country southern charm might now be enough this time, unless, of course, he could bed her before she found out the truth...

You don't think I'm going to fall for that again? Since I saw you last, I've sent at least 20 Joes like you home o ther mamas. You never did grow up and the mask of Bill is an insult.
    Reading: Destiny's Road by Larry Niven
    Just Finished Reading: Dark of Night by Susanne Brockmann
    TBR: dozen
    From October through March--The Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. From April through September, in BC

Awards Showcase

Cloud 9

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Eberhart Painter View Post
    You don't think I'm going to fall for that again? Since I saw you last, I've sent at least 20 Joes like you home o ther mamas. You never did grow up and the mask of Bill is an insult.
    And speaking of Bill, look who's roaring in on his big, mean Harley-machine. Hi, Billy, love. This is Joe. He's just leaving. Don't bother shaking hands with him, 'cause if you do, you're going to have to scrub down before you touch me, and baby, I can't wait that that long. Bye, Joe.
    Just Finished Reading: Tuesday's Child
    TBR: 100

Awards Showcase

He had also promised to get their old car running by this week. New steps were definitely in order. Maybe she needed to get the ball rolling with a few steps of her own.

Linda Rettstatt
    www.lindarettstatt.com
    Author of 2012 EPIC eBook Award Winner -Love, Sam

Kelly is only a few paces from the porch and a cat shoots out to tangle in between her feet. Trying to balance on one foot and shouting for help she falls to the ground with groceries spilling all around her.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy517 View Post
    Kelly is only a few paces from the porch and a cat shoots out to tangle in between her feet. Trying to balance on one foot and shouting for help she falls to the ground with groceries spilling all around her.
    Remembering that" pride goeth before a fall," she fights to keep her balance. Then "along come Joe, and ordinary guy," (From Show Boat) He pulls her to her feet. They leaned over to gather the groceries, their heads within a steamy breath of each other.

"Joe? After all these years...? Joe?"
    Just Finished Reading: In a Pickle
    TBR: 12

Awards Showcase

Joe stood straight his lips curling in a smile. "I'm glad my sources were right and you do still live around here."

Victoria Roder
    www.victoriaroder.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast