Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What are some of your best/favorite summer memories?

Today's topic is favorite summer memories

Mine are definitely from my childhood. Not a care in the world other than having fun. When I was little, I loved catching fireflies at night. Then when I became a teenager, it was hanging out at the lake with my friends...and watching all the shirtless guys And playing sports—basketball, baseball, which involved yet more shirtless guys! And hundreds of other things. And I just realized—not a one of them cost a cent.

Share you favorite(s) with us and be entered into a drawing for some prizes to be given away at the end of the week. Winners announced May 19th.
    Reading: Nothing now, trying to finished contemporary romance
    TBR: 20

Awards Showcase

I've good memories of summer too.
    My sisters and brothers used to play outside all the time. My mother had a hard time getting us in the house when it got dark. I remember one night we were playing tag and we ignored our mom when she called us inside. We were all standing around an old well in the front yard when my lovely mother came out with an old sheet over her head. A ghost. It startled us at first, but then we realized it was her.
    We spent a lot of time outdoors when we were kids.
    I loved summer growing up.
    Reading: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4608985.M_A_Stacie

Awards Showcase

My fav summer memories are ones like playing the fresh cut grass, or making mud pies until my Mum went crazy because of the mess!

I remember begging my parents to let me and my siblings play out for 'just another 10 minutes'... though we meant a lot longer. The light night meant we had no concept of time!

Myself and hubs always take the boys on holiday during the summer, so I hope those are memories that they keep for when they're older.

M. A. Stacie
    xxx

Awards Showcase

I have lots of great childhood memories but some of my fave memories are those I've made with my husband and children. We take an annual vacation to the beach each July. We spend hours on the beach playing, swimming, eating and having fun. My favorite years are when we go to Disney (we're going this summer!). We've been going every other year since my kids were born and now that they are getting older, we are enjoying it so much more. We're all tall enough to meet the height requirements of the rides! I know these are memories I'll look back on the rest of my life
    Reading: 8 different knitting books
    Just Finished Reading: How to Use the Internet for Marketing.
    TBR: Lots!

Awards Showcase

I have so many awesome summer memories! Growing with two older brothers, a younger sister and a passle of cousins made for long summers at the local pool, ice pops and bon fires. We never took big vacations or anything extravegant, but we had fun. My summers now with my kiddos are all about sprinklers, sidewalk chalk and long walks to the park.

All the best,
    Stephanie Beck
    Stephanie Beck

sweetening the edge of romance

Poppy's Passions
    David's Angel
    A Winter Tale With Marshmallows
    and many more

www.stephaniebeck.net

Awards Showcase

As a child, each summer we traveled to visit family in Connecticut. Being a Georgia girl, I never got to see my grandparents until summer. It was a plus to see them and nice to get out of the Georgia heat for a bit.
    ~A little dash of sweet and a whole lot of spice.~
    Erotic Contemporary Romance Author
    www.laceywolfe.com

I'd have to say riding our bikes well after sunset and eating ice cream cones in the backyard hammock are a few of my favorite summer memories.
    Reading: Accidently Married To A God

Awards Showcase

When I was little my grandparents bought a sleep6 camper and we would go to the beach a couple weeks a year I remember running around the camp grouns playing under the peir and hanging out playing on the boardwalk .Going fishing and swimming they were care free days filled with fun and family Ill always cherish.

Travelling the UK with my family and friends, camping out in the wild or by the beach. We were an outdoorsy lot. When I was a kid I didn't even mind the rain :o) Oh and when I hit my teens, my summers revolved around festivals, especially music ones.

xxx

My wesite
    Facebook

I grew up in the city, a big urban city. We had no backyard, no trees, nothing green. A fun day was when the fire hydrant was opened and we could cool off. I remember one summer, the "swim mobile" came to town and parked in the local church parking lot. It was a tractor trailer full of water. It was the closest I got to a pool until my teens. In my high school years, I worked at a cabana club. Some of my fondest summer memories come from those years.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast