Hope everybody had a fun holiday weekend. This is the second-to-last lesson; I'll post the last one tomorrow so people have time to ask questions before the course ends.

What items are “must haves” on my website?

· Bio/About Me
· Contact (DO NOT include a home address or phone number)
· Books page
· Blog
· Name and slogan on front page – it helps the search spiders find you
· Media kit – a link on your website to a PDF (you can do a “save as” in Word to create one) with your bio, author photo, book list, and sample interview questions

What information should be on the “Books” page of my website?

· Title
· Publisher
· Publish date
· ISBN
· Buy links
· Reviews
· Endorsements (quotes from readers or authors)
· Information about the series – if the book is part of a series

SEO tags – what the heck are they and how do I use them?

SEO tags are used by search engines like Google to figure out what your website is about. Then it can place you with other similar websites, which is how your website comes up in search results. Here are the meta tags that are the “header” section of the HTML code on my front page:

Why is the description in the HTML “header” section of my website so important and how do I write one?

· This is one of the primary ways for the all-important Google search bots to find your page. It’s also the information Google uses when it spits out your page in a search result. Here’s an example of my description:

Why should I bother doing image tagging?

· Because the Google spiders can “see” the tags you use and it’s a further way to do branding. My alternate photo tag is: Cassandra Carr – erotic romance writer