How To Make A Book Video
>>
Part 3
By Linda Hadaway
( www.lindahadaway.com) check my videos first- if you’d like
>>
Music! Again- like the pictures… I checked on line- there are different ones. I use Audio Micro- Stock Audio Library. You simply type in what you want to hear- drama, comedy, sensual. They also have movie soundtracks, sound effects. You can listen for free, buy what you want. I pay attention to the time amount. My average video is a couple of minutes. Do want the same tune throughout your video- or change the pace?
When you download the music to your video program- you have the options- of fading out- adding more music- whatever you think will work best. (Also- check for their licensing rights and email them if unsure.)
>>
When you are done- you’ll find yourself playing your video over and over- until you have it perfected.
>>
When you are satisfied with it, have a few friends- family members- watch it and give you feedback. Questions can be_ how was the spacing of the slides? Was there enough time to read any words on them- too fast? Too slow? Did the music match the video? Did it make you interested in the story? What was the best/worst part of it? Remember- you don’t have to take everyone’s advice! But you do want to get a feel of what the reader will experience.
>>
I use Majix Movie Edit Pro video program. You can download a free version and play on it. It does costs about $100. I’ve used it for three years now and very happy with it.
>>
Advertising your video-
>>
Do you have an account on youtube? Get one- upload your video- I found it best to start this process a few days – at least- before the release of my book. It takes a day or so before the public can view it- and..in case there are any “bugs” within your program. Also, you can do it early and keep the video “private” until you want it to be public.
>>
I have mine there and on my web site- and sometimes I’ll pay for advertising for different book sites. Buyer beware- I have spent a lot of money on advertising that did zip for me. I would suggest to research –research- and only spend what you can afford. Try it for a month / or a week and see what results you get. I use Google Analytics- and can view my web site for visitor content…Although that doesn’t tell me if anyone has bought my books- it does illustrate how many visitors per day, week or month and how they got there- via which site they were at when they found my web site.
>>
Remember – you can use the cost of the music, pictures, and advertising are expenses you can use for a tax write off.