Awards Showcase

Default Book Video- Part Three By Linda Hadaway

How To Make A Book Video
    >>
    Part 3
    By Linda Hadaway
    ( www.lindahadaway.com) check my videos first- if you’d like
    >>
    Music! Again- like the pictures… I checked on line- there are different ones. I use Audio Micro- Stock Audio Library. You simply type in what you want to hear- drama, comedy, sensual. They also have movie soundtracks, sound effects. You can listen for free, buy what you want. I pay attention to the time amount. My average video is a couple of minutes. Do want the same tune throughout your video- or change the pace?
    When you download the music to your video program- you have the options- of fading out- adding more music- whatever you think will work best. (Also- check for their licensing rights and email them if unsure.)
    >>
    When you are done- you’ll find yourself playing your video over and over- until you have it perfected.
    >>
    When you are satisfied with it, have a few friends- family members- watch it and give you feedback. Questions can be_ how was the spacing of the slides? Was there enough time to read any words on them- too fast? Too slow? Did the music match the video? Did it make you interested in the story? What was the best/worst part of it? Remember- you don’t have to take everyone’s advice! But you do want to get a feel of what the reader will experience.
    >>
    I use Majix Movie Edit Pro video program. You can download a free version and play on it. It does costs about $100. I’ve used it for three years now and very happy with it.
    >>
    Advertising your video-
    >>
    Do you have an account on youtube? Get one- upload your video- I found it best to start this process a few days – at least- before the release of my book. It takes a day or so before the public can view it- and..in case there are any “bugs” within your program. Also, you can do it early and keep the video “private” until you want it to be public.
    >>
    I have mine there and on my web site- and sometimes I’ll pay for advertising for different book sites. Buyer beware- I have spent a lot of money on advertising that did zip for me. I would suggest to research –research- and only spend what you can afford. Try it for a month / or a week and see what results you get. I use Google Analytics- and can view my web site for visitor content…Although that doesn’t tell me if anyone has bought my books- it does illustrate how many visitors per day, week or month and how they got there- via which site they were at when they found my web site.
    >>
    Remember – you can use the cost of the music, pictures, and advertising are expenses you can use for a tax write off.

Linda, the information you've given us has been VERY helpful. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and providing us with reliable software to create book trailers. All the best in your own endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by lindajo View Post
    I have mine there and on my web site- and sometimes I’ll pay for advertising for different book sites. Buyer beware- I have spent a lot of money on advertising that did zip for me. I would suggest to research –research- and only spend what you can afford. Try it for a month / or a week and see what results you get. I use Google Analytics- and can view my web site for visitor content…Although that doesn’t tell me if anyone has bought my books- it does illustrate how many visitors per day, week or month and how they got there- via which site they were at when they found my web site.
    >
    Remember – you can use the cost of the music, pictures, and advertising are expenses you can use for a tax write off.