Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MM Pollard View Post
    Thanks for explaining sap to me. I'm not up on my 20's slang. MM
    FYI, technically, a sap isn't a billy club. It's a small, semi-soft club. Homemade saps in the twenties were socks filled with rocks, a brick, coins, etc. Fill the foot area, knot the top, and use the knot for a grip--gives a hefty club.

Unedited (402 words):
    “On the other hand, I might not fail. However,” I drew out the pause dramatically while, in my head, I ran through probable species based on cage size and eliminated a number of possibilities for the remaining prospects given the array of inmates I could see. Odds were good I could handle anything in that cage, and I could use this to push my own agenda. “I have heard that you have other levels that are off-limits to certain customers until they have earned their entrée through a means I have yet to hear.” I let more of the warmth of my eyes seep out, into something a bit less comfortable. “An oversight on your part, I am sure.” Sweeping my lashes down to shield the fire from burning too hotly, I reined in my inner Hellfire and continued without giving him a chance to answer the barb. “So, I will attempt to induce this shift, and you will show me the entirety of your stock, allowing me to choose from all areas, fail or not. Or we can wager, with your side of the bet being a second slave of my choice for each I buy today.”

“Ah, such confidence. You place a great deal of value on your skills. And if you lose, my deliciousness? What would be worth such a sacrifice on my part?”

“A day and a night of my services.”

With a laugh, Armand shrugged and turned, ostentatiously surveying row upon row of cages and cages filled with exotic slaves awaiting his will. “Forgive me, my darling Jewell, but I think you estimate your services a bit highly.” He gestured flamboyantly at the cages. “I can have anything I want, any time I want.”

“Not that you will have a chance of finding out the difference between what you have and what I could provide, cher, as those were not the services I was offering.” Only because I was watching for it did I catch the fleeting glimpse of greed hidden under his confident smirk. This was what he had been hoping for: an offering of skills and gifts to let him decide if I was worth trying to contain. “I offer twenty-four hours of personal training, in the sexual art or arts of your choice, to no more than three of your merchandise, in the presence of no more than one of your own chosen guards.”

Revised (451 words):
    “On the other hand, I might not fail. However...” I drew out the pause dramatically while, in my head, I ran through probable species based on cage size and eliminated a number of possibilities for the remaining prospects given the array of inmates I could see. Odds were good I could handle anything in that cage, and I could use this to push my own agenda.

“I have heard that you have other levels that are off-limits to certain customers until they have earned their entrée through a means I have yet to hear.” I let more of the warmth of my eyes seep out, into something a bit less comfortable. “An oversight on your part, I am quite sure.”

Sweeping my lashes down to shield the fire from burning too hotly, I reined in my inner Hellfire and continued without giving him a chance to answer the barb. “So, I will attempt to induce his shift, and you will show me the entirety of your stock in payment, allowing me first choice from all areas, fail or not. Or we can wager, with your side of the bet being a second slave of my choice for each I buy today, also from any and every area of your wares.”

“Ah, such confidence, Jewell. A wager then, after all. You place a great deal of value on your skills. And if you lose, deliciousness? What would be worth such a sacrifice on my part?” Smirking yet again, he smoothed his silk tie, and ran his greedy eyes over me from head to toe.

“My offer is for a day and a night of my services.”

Without turning a hair, Armand shrugged and looked around, ostentatiously surveying row upon row of cages and cages filled with exotic slaves awaiting his will. “Forgive me, my darling Jewell, but I think you estimate your services a bit highly.” He gestured flamboyantly at the cages. “I can have anything I want, any time I want.”

“You will not have a chance of finding out the difference between what you have and what I could provide, cher, as those were not the services I was offering.” Only because I was watching for it did I catch the fleeting glimpse of the greed hidden under his confident smirk--and not a single flicker of anger. This was what he had been hoping for: an offering of skills and gifts to let him decide if I was worth trying to contain. “I offer twenty-four hours of personal training, in the sexual art or arts of your choice, to no more than three of your merchandise, in the presence of no more than one of your own, chosen guards.”
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123