Please post your homework and questions here. MM
    Reading: The Game of Thrones
    Just Finished Reading: A James White sci fi novel
    TBR: Many

Awards Showcase

Default Ten correct sentences -- I really did read backwards,

Quote Originally Posted by MM Pollard View Post
    Please post your homework and questions here. MM
    .. but, damn, I know those chapters so well it still made sense. Also it was very clean (which is a good thing), so here are ten sentences:

"As Raketh here pointed out, the Federation Space Force High Command has known of the supposed breach of the comp net on Aleyne for the past four years, yet no one charged Brad until now.

"I've spoken to friends of mine who are members of the Neo-Con party.

"Senator Nakai, what will happen to the Neo-Con party, and the government itself, now that Senator Manning is dead?" Jozi asked.

"I believe I can arrange for some help on the Aleyni side in obtaining facilities and lodgings and the like for the research team."

Jozi nodded and Nidrani reached for the letter, which fluttered in the light breeze, and started to read.

"I suppose the Federation didn't want to get involved in any kind of an investigation at this point."

But you didn't come her to discuss the political implications of our low fertility.

In any case, I've mentored enough young men to last a lifetime.”

No one, yet, had put forth a valid reason for not having another child.

How am I supposed to sell lemon tarts if I can't import any lemons?"
    Reading: Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter
    Just Finished Reading: Eternal Rider, Immortal Rider, Lethal Rider
    TBR: 8

Awards Showcase

Default Lesson 3 Homework

Ooops! Apologies MM. Posted homework in wrong thread. Here it is.

MM - My ten sentences with apostrophes or missing inflections (non-consecutive) are as follows. I'd like to say I'm patting myself on the back, but I think I'll wait... just in case.

"And how the hell can you know that?" Jett was loath to tell the woman what her nephew was like when it came to women, but if that's what it took to get Jenni away from the bastard, then that's what he'd do!

"It's not your fault" he grated, privately wishing she would turn away so he couldn't see the sad droop to her lower lip; the moonlight sheening her eyes.

"It's Meg's show and it sounds as though she's got it all planned out with your dad."

Craig was instantly aware of the graceful sweep of her shoulders; how delicately formed they'd felt under his hands; how smooth was the stretch of flesh between her shoulderblades; how heavy was the silky curtain of hair that lay like a lover's hand over that flesh.

Before he knew it, he was across the room; switching on a standard lamp and rifling through his aunt's CDs.

George Bernard Shaw had nailed it when he'd said dancing is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire.

He could see her enthusiasm; could see too that there wasn't going to be any leniency shown him by Fate, Karma, or even falling meteorites.

"What's wrong?" she asked now. "You're not worried that you don't know the music?"

I'm a damaged man - not a bad man, so if you're listening, take pity on me please…

Kalinya

Kalinya, my comments are within your assignment. I have issues with your semicolons. Any questions? MM

Quote Originally Posted by kalinya View Post
    Ooops! Apologies MM. Posted homework in wrong thread. Here it is.

MM - My ten sentences with apostrophes or missing inflections (non-consecutive) are as follows. I'd like to say I'm patting myself on the back, but I think I'll wait... just in case.

"And how the hell can you know that?" Jett was loath to tell the woman what her nephew was like when it came to women, but if that's what it took to get Jenni away from the bastard, then that's what he'd do!

"It's not your fault[,]" he grated, privately wishing she would turn away so he couldn't see the sad droop to her lower lip[;] use comma, the moonlight sheening her eyes.

"It's Meg's show and it sounds as though she's got it all planned out with your dad."

Craig was instantly aware of the graceful sweep of her shoulders; how delicately formed they'd felt under his hands; how smooth was the stretch of flesh between her shoulderblades; how heavy was the silky curtain of hair that lay like a lover's hand over that flesh. [Not sure the semicolons work here. Can you make the dependent clauses into phrases?]

Before he knew it, he was across the room; [no semicolon, use a comma] switching on a standard lamp and rifling through his aunt's CDs.

George Bernard Shaw had nailed it when he'd said dancing is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire.

He could see her enthusiasm; could see too that there wasn't going to be any leniency shown him by Fate, Karma, or even falling meteorites. [having issues with the semicolon. Her enthusiasm and Fate's leniency don't sound related to each other. Describe enthusiasm for what exactly. new sentence -- He could see too.....]

"What's wrong?" she asked now. "You're not worried that you don't know the music?"

I'm a damaged man - not a bad man, so if you're listening, take pity on me please…

Kalinya

Margaret, your sentences look great. Yes, it hard to proof what you could recite by memory. MM

Before you start reading THIS part of the MS, let me first say this: Yes, it is a bit weird and yes, it is a romantic suspense with a real perv for a bad guy. LOL

He dropped one hand to his straining erection and rubbed the thong that had been at his nose against the distended member. The other lifted to draw out another piece, repeating the same with it as he had done before.
    And so on and so forth, until he laid all the pieces out across the bed in a neat and orderly fashion.
    His camera came next, the snapping intonation seeming loud in the darkened silence.
    Unable to stand it any longer, he bent and unlaced his heavy boots; let the burdens clunk to the floor without care. He couldn’t get his shirt off fast enough, his eyes feasting on the lingerie spread before him. His hands shook as he unbuttoned his pants, drew the zipper down without pause. He hastily pushed the cargo pants over his hips and did away with the briefs underneath.
    Finally, he stood gloriously naked and reached for the first piece.

Comfort, yeah, that's a little strange. The sentences are clear - I found no mistakes in apostrophes or left off inflections. MM

1. His masculine scent awakened feeling she’d tried to keep in check.
    2. She accidentally went the wrong way, stepped on Dusty’s left boot, and bumped her shoulder into his chest.
    3. You’re quite charming.
    4. Dusty grasped Elizabeth’s small right hand, looked into her eyes, and placed his right hand just below her shoulder blade.
    5. I’m the envy of every man in this room.
    6. Her uncle’s eyebrows furrowed.
    7. The band's announcer said, "Gentlemen grab you partners.”
    8. “We're about to begin with the Texas Star.”
    9. Dusty’s a good man.
    10. "So far, who's on your dance card?”

Jeanne, the only correction is a comma after Gentlemen in #7. Gentlemen is a noun of direct address. Your apostrophes are perfect. MM

Quote Originally Posted by saibot11 View Post
    1. His masculine scent awakened feeling she’d tried to keep in check.
    2. She accidentally went the wrong way, stepped on Dusty’s left boot, and bumped her shoulder into his chest.
    3. You’re quite charming.
    4. Dusty grasped Elizabeth’s small right hand, looked into her eyes, and placed his right hand just below her shoulder blade.
    5. I’m the envy of every man in this room.
    6. Her uncle’s eyebrows furrowed.
    7. The band's announcer said, "Gentlemen grab you partners.”
    8. “We're about to begin with the Texas Star.”
    9. Dusty’s a good man.
    10. "So far, who's on your dance card?”
    Reading: Cornered Cat by Kathy Jackson
    Just Finished Reading: Empire of the Summer Moon by S.C. Gwynne
    TBR: many

Awards Showcase

revision Lesson 3 Homework

1. They’d both known the risks going in, but what she hadn’t planned on was falling in love with him.

2. She'd forced her feelings for him into the deepest, loneliest part of her heart with the constant reminder that to him, she was only a job.

3. Since that moment, she’d stoically maintained the double façade of the dutiful wife to a man she loathed while diligently concealing her love for a man she could never have.

4. It hadn't been the first beating she'd endured nor was it the worst.

5. Pain didn’t concern her; it would eventually subside—another lesson she'd learned from Eddie.

6. Her fighting spirit returned with renewed vengeance, and she smiled at the thought of seeing Eddie’s expression when he discovered the real reason she’d tried to run off with his new mechanic.

7. There was no mistaking Floyd Carroll’s deep, raspy voice.

8. He was a big, red-faced, jowly man without imagination, and he always followed Eddie’s instructions to the letter.

9. “Ah, come on, Eddie wouldn’t want her to freeze to death.”

10. "Freezin’ to death’ll be a whole sight better than what Eddie’s got planned for her.”
    Kaye Spencer

http://www.kayespencer.com

Fall in love...faster, harder, deeper with Kaye Spencer romances
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast