Thread: Greetings!

Reading: HP Mallory
    Just Finished Reading: Allison Merrit Treasure Hunters Lady.
    TBR: lots

Awards Showcase

To Funny Greetings!

Howdy!

I've had a glass of pino grigio and am watchin Dr. Who!

Which is the best way to deal with my little beasties when they are running around like little daleks.

So. Who is ready to talk steampunk? I had Elves, airships, spies, and the old Vick!

Allison Merritt has also agreed to join me despite her better judgement! She has a most awesome book series called Legends and Lovers.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are most encouraged. However I will keep on with it for the next two hours, no matter what!

Michelle
    Michelle Kopra

I'm here! I'm here! I made it and I promise to be on my best(ish) behavior!

Awards Showcase

Talking

Hey there!

I was worried I would loose you to the sight of those loveley books, side by side!
    Michelle Kopra

It's hard to stop staring at them! I just want to plaster the pictures all over the interwebs, that's for sure!

Awards Showcase

Perhaps you could post an image of the beauties side by side, as well as excerpts?
    Michelle Kopra

I can totally try!

Blurb for The Treasure Hunter's Lady:

On the outside, Romy Farrington has the perfect life—a world-famous archaeologist father, a pretty dowry and an upcoming marriage to a wealthy businessman. But to Romy, her new life among the elitists is like a punishment.

For years, she traveled the world at her father's side, exploring new lands and uncovering ancient secrets. It was everything she ever wanted, until a near-fatal encounter with hostile natives forced her and her father into a life of retirement in Boston and an undesired advance into proper society.

For years, she traveled the world at her father's side, exploring new lands and uncovering ancient secrets. It was everything she ever wanted, until a near-fatal encounter with hostile natives forced her and her father into a life of retirement in Boston and an undesired advance into proper society.

Everything changes again when she's saved from an accident by a brash Texan in a back alley. Abel Courte may act like a care-free cowboy, but he's harboring a secret—he's searching for the Diamond of Uktena, a legendary jewel that can cure any disease known to man. He needs information Romy's father has in order to get to the jewel. When he traces the origin of the Diamond to Dakota Territory, he sets off to claim the treasure, only to find the archaeologist's fiery redheaded daughter stuck to him like a bug in sap.

In a race against time, Romy and Abel must learn to trust each other as they undertake a cross-country journey that will expose them to lands uncharted by white men, a deadly battle against the fearsome creature in possession of the Diamond and a fight to return to civilization where they might make the greatest discovery of all—love.

Blurb for The Sky Pirate's Wife:
    After a tragic airship wreck, Captain Alwin van Buren makes a drastic decision to obtain a wealthy bride in order to save his flagging business. He meets his match in Sophie Banes, heiress to an airship empire. After he seduces her and ensures their marriage—igniting a rivalry with her godfather—he learns the green-eyed beauty is as headstrong as he is.

Sophie knows Van Buren's reputation based on a series of dime novels written about his adventures. Determined to be more than an end to a means, she despises him for luring her into marriage. In fiction, he's a no-nonsense captain on the verge of piracy, but the flesh-and-blood man wins her heart by proving she's worth more to him than her money.

Their love is threatened when Sophie learns Van Buren's airship accident was a result of mythical creatures. Winged predators that appear to have a grudge against him, a fact he deliberately hid by accusing her godfather of sabotage. If she can forgive him for that, they still have to face the danger when they're cornered and at the mercy of beasts and the evil that controls them. The real test comes when Van Buren is asked to make a sacrifice that could destroy them both.