Hi all,

I'm ready to go. Are you?

This is a hands-on, interactive workshop. I'm going to show you a technique for adding suspense to your writing. Then you go and apply it to one of your scenes. If you send in your assignment, I'll critique the paragraph and offer suggestions how to make it even better.

This class is based on an excerpt from my book "Writing Scary Scenes" and on a lesson from my month-long class of the same name which starts on 1 October, so you get a taste of Rayne Hall's teaching and can see if you like the flavour. :-)

I'm using BritishEnglish. To the Americans among you, some of my words and spellingsmay look odd, but I'm sure we'll be able to communicate.

To get started, what would really help me is knowing what genres (and subgenres) you write, and what level writer (beginner, intermediate, advanced, professional) you consider yourself. You don't need to tell me if you don't want to; this is just to give me an idea what kind of folk I have in my today. (I write mild horror and epic fantasy and I consider myself a professional.) ;-)

Rayne