Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Reading: Eternal Prey by Nina Bangs
    Just Finished Reading: Eve by Iris Johansen
    TBR: A Lot

Awards Showcase

Default Hi Rayne! Sorry I'm late for the party.

I have 2 humorous, sexy romances published and 7 romantic suspense/romantic thrillers on the virtual shelves. One is in paper now and working on the others. I just released my first YA-fantasy and am working on the next in this genre. And I have my 8th romantic thriller ready to release in October.
    ~J.D. Faver

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne Hall View Post
    Hi all,

I'm ready to go. Are you?

This is a hands-on, interactive workshop. I'm going to show you a technique for adding suspense to your writing. Then you go and apply it to one of your scenes. If you send in your assignment, I'll critique the paragraph and offer suggestions how to make it even better.

This class is based on an excerpt from my book "Writing Scary Scenes" and on a lesson from my month-long class of the same name which starts on 1 October, so you get a taste of Rayne Hall's teaching and can see if you like the flavour. :-)

I'm using BritishEnglish. To the Americans among you, some of my words and spellingsmay look odd, but I'm sure we'll be able to communicate.

To get started, what would really help me is knowing what genres (and subgenres) you write, and what level writer (beginner, intermediate, advanced, professional) you consider yourself. You don't need to tell me if you don't want to; this is just to give me an idea what kind of folk I have in my today. (I write mild horror and epic fantasy and I consider myself a professional.) ;-)

Rayne
    Reading: Eternal Prey by Nina Bangs
    Just Finished Reading: Eve by Iris Johansen
    TBR: A Lot

Awards Showcase

Yeah Howdy from Houston

Hi Charlayne! I'm in Houston too, so I'm giving a shout out.
    *hugs*
    ~J.D. Faver
    TBR: Lots!

Awards Showcase

Hi Rayne,

Sorry, I'm late but I just found out about the class.

I have 10 short romances published, most of them paranormal, and a fantasy romance novella. All of my stories have suspense. I have a strong Celtic mythology theme the majority of my work. When I have time I also teach creative writing.

Thanks so much for teaching the class. I'm looking forward to what you have to share.

Hugs,
    Tambra Nicole
    Tambra Nicole Kendall
    Sensual. Magical. Unforgettable Romance.
    www.daughtersofavalonpublishing.com
    tambrakendall@att.net
    Reading: Furiously
    Just Finished Reading: The Golden Key Chronicles - A J Nuest
    TBR: Loads

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by kazzi4 View Post
    Hi Rayne
    I'm from the UK not a published writer but then we all have to start somewhere. Sorry also due to ill health I'm not a morning person. I've recently started writing a paranormal romance and would love to learn how to put more suspense into some of my scenes. I would be very greatful for any help you could give me in achieving my dream of getting my work published. Thank you for this opportunity and time you are providing. Kaz
    Hi Kaz - just saw your post. Always nice to meet another Brit - I'm not a morning person either, but that's just my metabolism. Good luck with your writing, I hope you achieve your dream of getting published soon. This is a great class, isn't it! I've learnt a lot already.
    Lyn -
    HYWELA LYN
    S
    tarquest; Children Of The Mist; Dancing With Fate;
    Available from: The Wild Rose Press:
    My forum group at Coffeetime Romance
    Facebook
    http://www.hywelalyn.co.uk
    http://hywelalyn.blogspot.com
    Reading: Rhett Butler's People & Harry Potter...of course.
    Just Finished Reading: The Help
    TBR: 3

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Joan View Post
    Hello Rayne,
    I am a beginner to writing fiction. I having been struggling with focusing on writing professionally after accomplishing my dissertation. I think that taking this writing class on fiction will allow me to find the lighter side of writing and perhaps be more of a self starter. thanks Joan
    I couldn't have put my own description better m'self. I too am still a newbie and at times feel that I'm all over the place with techniques, methods, etc... It's probably a touch of uncertainty along w/Adult ADHD, so....LOL! Thanks for this seminar!
    Love and peace, Tonks

Default Help?

Hi
    I finally after an hour I managed to sign on to this workshop, but from that I haven't got anywhere:-( As I can't work out how to access anything. I noticed it said about assignments but couldn't find where to go to get the assignment:-( Could somebody please point me in the right direction? I was so looking forward to this workshop.

On top of that my internet keeps playing up:-( pulling hair out here.

Kazzi
    Reading: Furiously
    Just Finished Reading: The Golden Key Chronicles - A J Nuest
    TBR: Loads

Awards Showcase

Hi Kazzi

If it's the 'suspense' seminar you were after, I'm afraid you're too late, it was at the end of September. If you go to http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/boa...lay.php?f=1870 you'll find the original thread. Can I suggest you look at the assignment in the thread headed 'Assignments - do not reply' and then if you follow the link on the heading 'Assignments' you can see what people posted and the advice they were given. Even though it's too late to actually take part, you can learn a lot from what other people have submitted.

Hope this helps.
    Lyn -
    HYWELA LYN
    S
    tarquest; Children Of The Mist; Dancing With Fate;
    Available from: The Wild Rose Press:
    My forum group at Coffeetime Romance
    Facebook
    http://www.hywelalyn.co.uk
    http://hywelalyn.blogspot.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567