Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Awards Showcase

Hi Joan,

That last sentence is awesome: >The massive wood andmetal door slowly swung open to darkness.<

>They could still hear the noises of the street. The horses whinnying. The creaking of the carriage harness. The hiss ofthe gas lights. <
    I suggest stringing these sentence fragments together into a complete sentence. Fragments make choppy reading, although they can be effective in fast-paced action scenes.
    Here, I think a complete sentence would work better.
    They could still hear the the horses whinnying in the street, the creaking of the carriage harness and the hiss of the gas lights.
    Or, if you want more dramatic punctuation, try a colon:
    They could still hear the noises of the street: the horses whinnying, the creaking of the carriage harness,the hiss ofthe gas lights.

I hope this helps.
    Rayne

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Joan View Post
    Luci, Brea, andRheanne entered the stone corridor. They could still hear the noises of thestreet. The horses whinnying. The creaking of the carriage harness. The hiss ofthe gas lights. The stone corridor looked to be well used with muddy tracksleading the way toward the reinforced doors at the end.

Luci opened up hersenses to see if she could still feel Andre and Cleo behind the door. She nodded and they moved forward quickly.Brea and Rheanne directed their perception at the massive reinforced door. Itpresented both magical and physical challenges.
    "I think that we will be able to unlockthe signals and the physical locks easily without alerting the others of ourpresence here" Brea stated using mindspeak.
    They joined handsand minds to start unlocking the door.
    The massive wood andmetal door slowly swung open to darkness.

Thanks Joan
    Reading: I am rereading favorite paranormal romance books.
    TBR: 50

Awards Showcase

Thank you so much for getting back to me. It was difficult for me to post within the time limits due to my home situation. My husband is on hospice. I thank you for your comments and appreciate the constructive enhancement to my writing. Definitely an improvement to put the sentences together. Now for a decision to use the colon or a comma. Hope that you have a wonderful day and upcoming holiday season. Joan
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789