Thread: January Release

Hybrid View

Awards Showcase

Default January Release

I can't believe that it's almost the end of October already. I'm just starting to get used to the idea that 'Dominic' is out when in just a few short weeks (January 1st ) 'My Dearest Friend' will be available from Wings ePress.

'My Dearest Friend' is the story of Dominic's son, Robert Blake, Duke of Lear.

Here is a brief synopsis:

Devastated and wracked with guilt by the death of his younger brother, Stefan, in the Peninsular War, Robert Blake, Duke of Lear, readily agrees to aid Jane Chandler to bring her seriously wounded brother back from Portugal.

Much against Jane’s wishes, he decides to accompany her and together they embark on the hazardous mission to retrieve the young soldier. However, the journey holds many revelations, not least of all the abiding friendship and growing love between the two travelers.

That special love is put severely to the test by the treachery that awaits them upon their return to England, when a tenant of Jane’s former home invades their lives, maliciously creating jealousy and misunderstandings for his own nefarious reasons.

Can their friendship and love conquer the emotions that threaten to tear them asunder?

I wanted to stay with the family a little longer but although the books are connected, they both stand alone and you do not need to read one to understand the other.

Regards

Hazel
  2. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

This sounds excellent Hazel!
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by IrishWolf View Post
    This sounds excellent Hazel!
    Thank you. I hope everyone enjoys reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Robert and Jane's story is very emotional and you can't help but be caught up in their lives.

Regards

Hazel

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Linda L Lattimer View Post
    Oh Hazel, this is wonderful, thank you so much for sharing this

Linda
    Hi Linda,

Thank you for your very kind comment. Do I remember rightly that you have already read 'My Dearest Friend'? Although it was scheduled for publication in January 2006, it never made it to press as, due to the owners demise, the company closed and I had to find a new home for my work. Wings ePress took up the contract and now it will actually make it to the shelves. I am thrilled about this as it is a book that is very close to my heart and I am very much looking forward to its release.

Regards

Hazel