So here's my thought, I'll start this running thread and try to post several times a week about the fascinating, scintillating, glamorous life of an author...namely me.

And if you're still with me and not rolling on the floor laughing like my kids were, we're all good!

So what was the glamorous author (me ) doing today? Well, besides seetting up my new forum room here, Dale's been home since Friday, and it had been about three weeks since I'd seen him. Dale's my fiance for anyone who doesn't know, and he drives a cargo van for a living, so he's on the road about 3 weeks out of the month. But we carry on. lol

So we went to see Hitch Friday night in our local park. You know, picnics, movies under the stars, that kind of thing. It was wonderful! Then we spent much of Saturday watching Policeman vs Fireman on meta cafe...if you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out my blog today, there's a youtube box and a link to the site. It's too funny!

I just love being with Dale so much, he makes me laugh like crazy. We don't even have to be doing anything, I just like being in the same space with him. Of course, best of all is I don't think I've ever felt so loved in all my life. It confounds me to be honest. I don't speak with most members of my family and outside of Kevin and Mark (my two best friends) I don't really have a ton of friends, I'm a bit of a recluse.

So this leads up to last week's struggles. I was struggling with everything! Writing stuff, life stuff, kid stuff, house stuff. blech blech blech So yeah, it was a week! To be fair, I do tend to over think everything, but I find that things sort of all come to a head all at the same time and it gets overwhelming, to say the least. As the new week has dawned, however, peace has resumed.

I struggle with guilt for ending my marriage, and compound that with the need to make my new life amazing so I can somehow justify my leaving, and it makes a VERY stressed Samantha. My friend Kevin told me last week that if I spent half the time I spend chasing my tail with "what ifs", writing instead, I'd have a fifty books out.

He had a point.

And it's not that I didn't already know that, but for some reason when he said it, it hit home and made me start thinking in a different direction. Then Dale comes home and I told him how I'm constantly fretting that he'll realize I'm sooooo not worth the effort and dump me. So anyway, serious conversation ensued and it went very well.

Hell, we even did a budget, and there wasn't one tense moment!!! No arguing, no hurt feelings, no anger, nothing! We were on the exact same page!!!

I've never had that experience in my life!

He did have one teeny issue that he wanted me to work on... I have a real need to constantly see it as my money and his money (primarily because he has soooooo much more of it than I do!) and he wants me to stop that. It's our money apparently. He trusts me and really truly loves me!! It's amazing.

I think it'll be a while before I've assimilated all that went on this weekend, but lets just say, I think I'm going into life with the intention of relaxing and enjoying it. How successful I'll be, who knows, but I'm going to try.

I did lose another 2.4 pounds last week, my second week officially on Weight Watchers. For more info on that you can check out my personal blog, I usually blog on Saturdays about weight coz that's the day I weigh in Blech :P But anyway, I'm psyched over that! Although with Dale home, we've eaten out and had drinks and I've over indulged at least once, but I'm not worried about it. I won't see him again for another month and I was somewhat careful with my choices. So if I've gained this week, I'm not giving up and I'm not hating myself for it. It's just back on track the second Dale walks out the door.

In writing news, I'm VERY excited about a new series of books I'm working on now...and when I say series, well, I'm still in the initial stages of plotting, but the idea is to release a new book (about 50k) in this series every other month for at least two years!

What I'm hoping is to have people anxiously waiting for the next book in the series every month! I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am about this. It'll be something unlike anything else out there, so it's a gamble, but my heart is so deeply invested, I'm hoping it pays off!

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. Have a great rest of the week all...and RELAX!!!