Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reading: The Hero's Journey; Mythic Structure for Writers by Chrisopher Vogler
    TBR: fifty

Awards Showcase

Xwriter Join Gianna Bruno and Friends for The Next Big Thing and Valentine's Day Gift Ideas

I've been nominated for The Next Big Thing by Andrew Richardson What an honor from a great writer of erotic romance and supernatural horror. And Alice Gaines, prolific erotic romance writer that puts me to shame will stop by as well. In fact, I think I'll nominate her for The Next Big Thing!

Join Andrew, Alice and I here 2/2/13 for a 24 hour forum event talking about--our next big things!

We'll have some giveaways, chat about reading and writing in general and get some great Valentine gift ideas. I now have an Amazon Author Page and Amazon Sellers Account. If you order both Hot Chocolate Kiss and The Journey I will send them in a special gift box with chocolates and personalize them. Be sure to put your requests on the order form.

You can also contact me directly (info and excerpts are on my blog) for special orders and requests.

Hope to see you all here Saturday.

I hope to be in and out tomorrow. I have to confess that I'm spending a three day weekend of sorts with friends to hear my favorite band, Tower of Power. No one does soul better. I'll probably be dragging tomorrow after the late-night concert.

If you want, check out my author page at http://www.amazon.com/Alice-Gaines/e...513&sr=8-2-ent

I'll be giving away paper copies of my Cabin Fever erotic romantic novellas from Avon.

I expect to be around much of tomorrow, although the time difference here in the UK might mean I have to leave early. I'll be hoping to give away bits and bobs as well.

See you Saturday!

http://andrewjrichardson.blogspot.co.uk/

Awards Showcase

Default Welcome, Alice!

One of the things I love about these forum events--and doing it with you and Andrew, is all the little tidbits about people I learn. Tower of Power, huh? You go, girl. I'm doing much more mundane things today. Refrigerator broke and waiting for the new one to be delivered, shuffling kids (with my husband doing most of the shuffling) to and from their activities, freezing my behind off here in this drafty, old house...

Anyway, enjoy and see you later. Can't wait to hear more details about your day.

Awards Showcase

Default Good morning, Andrew--or is it afternoon?

I'm so glad you can join me again for this twice yearly or so get together. I really appreciate you nominating me for The Next Big Thing. I've been largely absent from the published writing scene but that's because I've been writing My Next Big Thing.

Of course, you are one of the few people that know that since we are working writers, most of the writing goes on behind the scenes and we have to close ourselves off from the fun stuff like this in order to get those stories done.
    Again, thanks for reminding the world that I really am still here and for all your hard work on reviewing those manuscripts.

And speaking of writing and The Next Big Thing, you've had a great year with several new contracts. And I've read them all--well at least the parts that wouldn't scare me.

Don't be shy. Do tell.

Hello Gianna et al. It's 3pm here; my favourite time of the week because I'm sitting here at my PC with the radio on listening to the football. It does make a change to be at CTR rather than writing or at a match on a Saturday afternoon, though.

I look forward to hearing about your Next Big Thing.

Yes, I've had a bit of good fortune over the last twelve months; two horror novellas (one not yet published) and an erotic novelette (Art Class - thank you for reading a draft of it). I've nearly finished a sequel to Art Class - or at least a story with the same characters.

Andrew

Awards Showcase

Yeah Welcome to Gianna Bruno and Friends Chatting About Our Next Big Things

Good morning, afternoon, evening--no matter where you are. Welcome. Andrew and Alice have already checked in and we're pacing ourselves for this 24 hour (and beyond event). All of us have some giveaways so, to get started on mine (a holiday gift package including The Journey and Hot Chocolate Kiss), go to my blog http://giannabruno.blogspot.com to read the excerpts which will give you a jump on answering the questions.I'll be back later on with news about my Next Big Thing and some excerpts from my work in progress--At Home With Peter and Sandra in the Suburbs. Yes, it is getting closer to reality.Please let your friends know about this event by retweeting this:
    Join Gianna Bruno and friends, Alice Gaines and Andrew Richardson all dayat CTR chatting about Our Next Big Things. coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthre…
    — Gianna Bruno (@Gianna_Bruno) February 2, 2013

Default Just got up

The concert was great, but I am NOT a night person. Hope to find an excerpt or two in a bit.

Hello again everyone.

If the Next Big Thing had been a year ago, mine would have been 'Art Class', which went on to be published in the second half of 2012. It's an erotic novelette about a woman who has an 'adventure' when she poses as an artist's model. I've got a soft spot for the story because Gianna helped get my rough draft into shape, and we worked quite closely on it.

I'm hoping to give away a couple of e-copies to someone who can answer a question on it later. In the meantime, here's a link to its web site which'll have the answer.

Andrew

Default Here's an excerpt from Heat Rises, the first novella in my Cabin Fever series

“Laura, move over.”
    Asleep. Dreaming. Someone was telling her to move over. The salesman in her mind’s eye who was trying to sell her the huge purple SUV with the tiny tires. Why would he want her to move over?
    “Come on, Laura. Please.”
    She opened her eyes to a strange place with a low ceiling just visible above her. The loft. The cabin. A hand shook her arm.
    “Ethan?” she asked. “What’s wrong?”
    “I’m freezing. Move over.”
    She clutched the covers to her chest and turned. The floorboard lighting cast enough illumination to show to his face at the top of the ladder, less than a foot from hers. “What happened?”
    “The fire went out.”
    “You should have kept it going.”
    “I was asleep, okay?” He climbed the last few rungs and lifted the covers so he could slide in beside her.
    “What are you doing?”
    “This is the only warm spot in the cabin.”
    She retreated toward the back of the loft, but that didn’t take her very far away from him. “The wood stove.”
    “It sends all the warmth up here,” he said. “Heat rises, remember?”
    “But you can’t—” Before she could get another word out, he pressed his foot against her leg. Even through her pajamas, it felt like ice.
    “Hey!” she cried.
    “See what I mean?” he said. “Have pity. You don’t want me to freeze my butt off, do you?”
    “Heaven forbid.” He had a glorious ass, just like every other part of him. Not that she’d ever stared at it or anything.
    “Thanks.” He pulled the covers up under his chin and settled back. At least, they had two pillows so they wouldn’t have to share. But how was she supposed to sleep with him taking up all this room with his scent and his, well, maleness? Maybe a little small talk would make things less tense.
    “That was a great dinner. You’re a good cook,” she said.
    “Steak and salad’s easy.”
    “But zabaglione? That takes some skill.”
    He shrugged, his shoulder brushing hers. “Glad we found the marsala. Jeff keeps a stocked liquor cabinet.”
    “I noticed.”
    “Maybe I’ll make you a margarita while we’re here.”
    So much for small talk. “Ethan, don’t.”
    “Laura, I . . .” He rolled toward her and something very solid pressed against her hip. Hard, male, and very large. He flopped onto his back again, and they lay in silence for a while.
    “I guess you must have felt—” he said.
    “Yeah.”
    “Sorry about that.”
    “Don’t be. It’s a natural male reaction,” she said. Natural and about as awkward as anything natural could be. “Men get, well, hard all the time, don’t they? At least, that’s what I’ve heard.”
    Oh God, here they went again. The two of them together were some kind catastrophe waiting to happen.
    “Are you kidding?” he asked. “You think this is some kind of random, meaningless event?”
    “I think I don’t want to have to talk about another elephant in six years.” She rolled over, pinning herself against the wall with her back to him. “Good night, Ethan.”
    “Oh no you don’t.” He caught her shoulder and pulled her back against the mattress. “We’re going to take care of this right now.”
    “For heaven’s sake, there’s nothing to take care of.”
    “My anatomy disagrees.”
    “I don’t know anything about anatomy. I was a business major.”
    “Gee . . . hosophat.” He propped himself up on one elbow and waved his finger under her nose. For a moment, he looked ready to deliver a lecture, but then, his expression change, turning serious, and he stared at her mouth.
    All the air whooshed out of the tiny space, and she parted her lips to try to breathe. As soon as she had, he moaned and closed the distance to place his lips over hers.

http://www.amazon.com/Heat-Rises-Cab...s=alice+gaines

http://www.alicegaines.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast