Nicked Hearts>

Runaway to Maui with K.C. Montreaux.>

Enjoythe chase with Nick Hart.>

>

Tags: maturerunaway with heart problem, deceitful doctor, Maui shores, Louisiana lakeshore>
>
Scene: K.C. andNick enjoy Valentine's and each other's company at a Hawaiian luau.>
K.C., prettyas a picture in crimson and sporting a yellow hibiscus in the auburn hair aboveher right ear, and debonair Nick looking comfortably dark and rakish with eyesonly for her, paid no attention to the heads swiveling in their direction. >
>
As the nightprogressed, they laughed and sampled the traditional Hawaiian fare prepared fortheir enjoyment while piped in hula music serenaded them.>
>
They await thehula performance.>
>
>
>
>
>
Mainstream Romance: Contemporary, Holiday(Valentine), Interracial/Multicultural
ISBN: 978-1-4543-0026-7
Cover Artist:Dawné Dominique
Editor: BernadetteSmith
Line Editor:Pam
Word Count:34,560
Release Date:February 10, 2011
>
>
Buy:http://redrosepublishing.com/books/index.php?manufacturers_id=255>
>Buy: http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/Boo...-hearts-p-5073
>
"Likeit so far?" He noticed the brief flicker in her eyes. >
"I—loveit." As they talked softly over the small orchestra warming up for theperformance, Nick deftly slid something into her hand under the table. Clearly,it was a tiny box. He gripped her wrist as coercion for her to deposit it onthe tabletop. >
"HappyValentine's," he whispered into her ear. His warm breath tickled, fanningthe hair there. She gawked at him with liquid brown eyes. "Aren't yougoing to open it?" >
"Nick,I can't accept gifts from you." >
Theperformers on stage became animated in their routine—foot stomps, slaps andtwirling flaming torches for the men—swaying hips and fluid hand motions forthe women, commanding the attention of all but K.C. and Nick. >
"Youcan shove diamonds at me—which by the way, I have in a safe place for you—butmy show of affection is unwanted?" His brows drew together. >
"Affection?"K.C. read the hurt in his eyes. >
"Nostrings, K.C. Isn't that your favorite saying?" >
Itwas. >
K.C.quietly removed the red bow from the black box careful to keep her effortsunder wraps. The top lifted to reveal a simple pair of interlocking gold heartsvertically floating on a dainty chain, and settled on a red satiny pillow. Shefingered the trinket. "Please," Nick encouraged. She freed it fromthe gift box to instantly feel his strong fingers working the clasp around herneck. "Thank you, Nick," she murmured bashfully. >
Theywere mistaken if they thought all at the table focused on the stage as Nick'snew best friend's wife chimed in. "That's so sweet. New love," shebubbled. K.C. and Nick eyed each other. The following accompanied an elbow toher husband's ribs. "Where's my Valentines?" >
K.C.played with the jewelry on her chest feeling a silly smile attack her mouth.Her eyes zipped up and down the table to see who else watched, followed closelyby her guilt-ridden apology. "I'm sorry I don't have anything for you,Nick." >
Hesmacked her cheek. "Being in your good company is more than enough. Nostrings.">
>
>
>
K.C. and Nick vow "no strings". But,will they tie the knot?>

>

>

>

My novels are also available at: >

>
>
>
***Join me at the RRP Valentine'schat tonight 9p EST at Coffeetimeromance.***>