Threaded View

Reading: "The Hour Before Dark" by Douglas Clegg
    Just Finished Reading: "Portent" by James Herbert
    TBR: Lots!
    On the Massachusetts coast, next to the ocean, with my husband and four cats..

Awards Showcase

March's article is now live. It's called "Don't Wait For Your Muse To Strike. You'll Wait Forever".

Here's an excerpt:

I recently read an article about the daily routines of famous writers, and it made me wonder about muses. Some writers, especially novice writers, occasionally say that they must wait for their muse to inspire them. The problem is that waiting for your muse to give you a kick in the pants means you'll wait forever, and you won't get any writing done. E. B. White said: "A writer who waits for ideal conditions under which to work will die without putting a work on paper." The actual day-to-day routine of writing isn't nearly as glamorous as suddenly feeling a lightning bolt of inspiration from your muse, jolting your creativity awake and sending you to your computer, hands busily typing away until The Masterpiece is born. It requires setting goals, making a routine, and establishing a support network.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Elizabeth Black; April 3rd, 2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: fixed quoted text format

Elizabeth Black
    It's Time For Hot, Screeching Monkey Sex!
    Elizabeth Black - Blog
    Elizabeth Black - Facebook
    Elizabeth Black - Twitter