Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reading: I am Malala
    TBR: >100

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Flynn View Post
    Hi Dani,

The thing about the music, is I chose instrumental, no words. That's too distracting. It did take me a minute to get used to hearing it but the fact that the 30 minutes of music plays over and over, makes it disappear in a way. It becomes the theme music for my story. Try it. And see if it works for you.
    I may try this while I'm writing next week. I can start with the Classical Music for Studying station on Pandora. I use it in my classroom, the kids love it, and it does tend to fade into the background, like you said.
    Suzanne Lilly
    Romance with a splash of supernatural suspense.
    Blog: TeacherWriter
    Twitter: @suzannelilly
    Facebook: SuzanneLillyAuthor

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Flynn View Post
    Hi Dani,

The thing about the music, is I chose instrumental, no words.
    Okay, no words might work. I tried listening to something recently while I was cleaning my office and my brain shorted out. I wanted to sort out a To Do list from various post-its I'd accumulated and I had to turn the music off, but it had lyrics.

I'll try instrumental at some point. Thanks
    Dani Collins
    Pursuing Happily Ever After One Page At A Time
    www.danicollins.com

Default Writing To Music

Hi Dani and everyone who's left a post about writing to music. Yes, don't pick anything with lyrics. I tried this at first and I was listening more to the words the singer was belting out than what I was writing. That's why I switched to New Age and classical, no lyrics to sidetrack you. In the end you don't know it's there but you know it's writing time. I also bought some CDs called Music for Brainwave Massage by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson www.therelaxationcompany.com I like them because you hardly notice them playing at all. All the best, Susan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12