Hybrid View

Default Thanks for Taking Part In the Free Seminar

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to stop by one more time to see if anyone has any last minute questions for me. You still have some time to enter the giveaway too. I'll be picking two winners and announcing them tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who asked questions or read these threads. I hope it's been helpful to you. Good luck with your writing and Happy Easter. All the best, Susan

Awards Showcase

Hi Susie,
    I loved all the information you managed to put into the seminar.
    Your advice on POV has helped immensely. I do have one thing to add to that thread. Now, as I read back over my work I've been using different color highlights for each person in the story's POV, and seeing the blocks of color helps with what belongs and what I need to work on rewriting.
    I am now head hopping less and I have also been able to show more of what's going on instead of telling the reader about it.

Mairhi
    Reading: Furiously
    Just Finished Reading: The Golden Key Chronicles - A J Nuest
    TBR: Loads

Awards Showcase

Hi Mairhi

Thanks for the tip - I try very hard not to 'head hop' and love getting 'under the skin' of my main character, but sometimes when there are two POVs it's easy to slip into the other character's persona instead of staying with the one who's POV it actually is. Highlighting them with different colours would certianly help prevent this.
    Lyn -
    HYWELA LYN
    S
    tarquest; Children Of The Mist; Dancing With Fate;
    Available from: The Wild Rose Press:
    My forum group at Coffeetime Romance
    Facebook
    http://www.hywelalyn.co.uk
    http://hywelalyn.blogspot.com