The title says "Tell us about you", so here goes. My name is David O Smith. I'm English and live in the West Midlands with my wife and dog. I've been lots of things in my life - waiter, kitchen hand, bus driver, taxi driver, most recently driving instructor. For a lot of my working life, though I was a unix (computers) consultant, working all over Europe.

These days I'm riddled with arthritis, so I can't work which leaves me lots of time to do the two things I most love - reading and writing. I've written stories since I was ... well, I can't remember when I didn't write stories. I do remember writing one when I was about 8 which was posted on the wall of my classroom.

These days I write fantasy with a touch of romance in it under my own name. I've indie published one novel - "The Gate of the Year" after having a wall full of rejections. I've also started writing romance novels which I hope to indie publish under the name "Fern Gilbert", a female author's name seeming de rigeur for the genre.

I'm looking forward to interracting with folks here and exchanging ideas as well as getting help with publicity.

Cheers for now,

David